Josh Smith (blues) Hint

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
As a fan of Ibanez semi-hollows and jazz guitars, I have always wanted them to do a proper T-type solidbody.

If this is going to be it, I am interested!

Reactions: A_F

thewhit

Gold Supporting Member
its me.. granted Ive never built a guitar before.. but I told him I'd give it a go.. he's on board... Im guessing I can do it for about $250 a guitar
That's excellent....Let me make print up some of my own checks and load my pen with disappearing ink as I think we can make a deal.

juxtapolice

Novo is not a "very big company". My guess at this point is Ibanez.
Totally forgot about him playing those Ibanez AZ, great call. I also think it won't be a T style since I don't see him replacing the Chapin but something like that makes sense.

bigmac53

Silver Supporting Member
Ibanez would be interesting - would it be a semi hollow / archtop style? He plays a lot of that style of guitar on his Instagram...

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
Ibanez made one for Satriani back in the early 90s for this video. He used a '58 Esquire on the recording.
Wow somehow I missed that back in the day, great info thanks!

I would totally rock that Ibanez tele in the picture, reminds me of Stern's...

fjrabon

Does PRS have a Telelike?
No. Perfect market niche for them.
Maybe they can actually do something new with one.
I think PRS has stated they’re not going to do signatures for anybody but huge names at this point. Like Davy Knowles is a personal friend of Paul’s (Paul literally gave him his personal guitar) and he won’t get a signature. Recent new signatures have been like Vernon Reid, Tremonti, Mayer, for example.

ibanez would make sense, they’ve done signature models for relatively niche guitarists’ guitarists before.

zul

Gold Supporting Member
Josh is an absolutely amazing musician.
Plus, he keeps getting better and better.
Every time I hear him, I steal all I can.
Looking forward to hearing him with Oz.

Reactions: A_F
They don’t want to promote older male ***niche*** blues players. I love Josh to death, but he’s a very online guitar nerd niche guy. My other guitar playing friends have never heard of him, let alone the general guitar buying public.

they still promote the heck out of Clapton, Beck, Eric Johnson, etc. Brent Mason just got a signature model a month ago. Bonamassa just got a signature amp from fender.
Yep, very much this. Put it this way: Eminence made a Josh Smith signature speaker, the JS-1250. I and a friend each both bought one and I love it. However, I have read very few comments anywhere on any forum about that speaker. Compare that to the insane buzz around the GA-SC64 that came out at the same time. Those who know about the JS love it. But again, niche player in a niche market. A JS sig guitar might suffer the same fate.

Argo

Hi
At first i think, made in USA , radius from 9 to 11, titanium saddle, josh smith pickups signature available Alone, nitro finish, high frets i hope.

Then i think that that's gonna be totally unexpected. Ibanez az telecaster, ernie ball tele, lsl telecaster, xotic and so on.
Today i do not think fender or suhr.
Got an az ibanez, modern but i like , josh works with japanese ( linked to ibz)
I gave a try to lsl , good , i think josh got a close friend playing lsl strat :)
I bought a xotic strat this summer, love it, i could go xotic tele JS myself.
A john mayer but telecaster buzz ?

In fact i am into a new telecaster quest , josh smith fan, and interested in the Answer :)

Josh said, no 13 strings on the guitar, but the firm was ok .
Pickups signature sold Alone.
3 titanium saddle.

++

wonderboy

Could it be Yamaha?
Huge company in the music industry, just not one of the biggest when it comes to solid body guitars..?

D K Souther

Platinum Supporting Member
I’m going with Ibanez. They are huge, have a history of giving their artists what they want in a guitar.

Trending Topics