Journey

PdL

Platinum Supporting Member
I came across this great clip of a 1978 tv appearance by Journey. I've always liked Feeling That Way and Anytime, and they go great as a part 1 & part 2 of a combo. Not too mention, two songs means two great Neal S. solos! :aok

It's a good thing Neal could play guitar so well, 'cause I doubt he was pulling a ton of chicks with that huge 'fro. But then again, history has proven time & time again that no matter how douchey a rock, or pop, star looks, there's always a bunch of ladies looking to tap that arse. :banana

;

Flyin' Brian

Silver Supporting Member
It's a good thing Neal could play guitar so well, 'cause I doubt he was pulling a ton of chicks with that huge 'fro. But then again, history has proven time & time again that no matter how douchey a rock, or pop, star looks, there's always a bunch of ladies looking to tap that arse. :banana
Once again TGP deteriorates from a gear and music site to TMZ and The Enquirer.

wharris

There was a recent release called "Journey Alive in America" which might have come from this performance. I found it by accident when Apple Music first came on line. It was awesome. Found it on Spotify at the same time. It disappeared about 7 days later. Wonder if the current band had it pulled. It was a smokin' performance...even had some songs from the pre Perry lineup. I wish I could get my hands on that disc.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
I watched a Doc on Journey and I think Steve Perry is the main key for their success .... but it's not about the music, it's about girls liking good looking pop stars singing love songs and well, what can you say about that? :waiting

Anyway, they did have lots of good poppy tunes and they did well, so good for them. I liked Girl Can't help it .... and that was about it.... maybe one other, I can't think of the name right now...

Boston617

One of the few "dinosaur" bands I'll still see every time they come around.

Althought, I'm a bit apprehensive about seeing them this year. Can Steve Smith still keep up a near 2 hour set at the age of 70? Deen Castronovo was one of my favorite drummers (and honestly, he's a better singer than Arnel. Just watch "Still They Ride" & "Mother, Father" from the Live In Manila Blu-Ray.)

66fs

If I close my eyes during some of that video Steve Perry sure sounds like Steve Marriott...to me anyway.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Stev

Althought, I'm a bit apprehensive about seeing them this year. Can Steve Smith still keep up a near 2 hour set at the age of 70? Deen Castronovo was one of my favorite drummers (and honestly, he's a better singer than Arnel. Just watch "Still They Ride" & "Mother, Father" from the Live In Manila Blu-Ray.)
Steve Smith is likely in the best shape of his life & playing better than ever. No worries there... Great player! Deen's a great singer on the couple of tunes he does, but not certain he could shoulder a whole night (day after day) as Arnel does (and Perry did).

R2112

Steve Smith is a pro through and through. He'll get 'er done.

Amazing to believe that we are now only one member removed from what many people would call the Classic Journey Lineup. (Although personally I prefer Gregg Rolie over Jonathan Cain). I can't imagine how much money would be on the table for Perry to re-join these guys. Arnel Pineda has even said he'd stand aside and let it happen if it came to pass.

Trending Topics