Journo's Backing- So It Is - Jim's Take

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by L5player, Sep 3, 2005.

1. L5player

L5player Member

Had a lot of fun with this one Journo! I put a little light rhythm track in on one side of the track and a slow hand solo over it. Great Steely Dan type of tune!

Thanks for the backing track!

My Take:

Jims take over So It Is

Jim

2. Normster

Normster Member

I love it, Jim! Right on all the changes and killer tone. You da man!!! :D

3. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Wow Jim, that was too nice; very cool!! What great touch and great tone!

4. journo

journo Member

Hi Jim,

What a cool and laid-back take!
    Sweet sound too!
    Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Mats N

5. Weldaar

Weldaar Member

That was great Jim. Excellent tone.

6. L5player

L5player Member

Thanks Norm! If you ever feel like coming by the shop on a Wednesday night for a little jammin let me know. You know how to get there! :) Just call me first to make sure we aren't skipping a night.

We're planning a Katrina benefit concert with a few other bands at the Laguna Town Hall, hopefully EOM. When things develop further I'll let you know. This is probably something that should be an ongoing effort on our part. I could not think of a better thing to do with our group.

Jim

7. L5player

L5player Member

Thanks Mats! That vice was just perfect! Loved the tune. :)

Jim

8. L5player

L5player Member

Thanks! Hey, I see you are in my neck of the woods. I checked out your site and noticed you had a track where Norm did a solo over my backing "Down Here On The Ground". He sure got some sweet tone out of that nylon! Funny how stuff gets around! :)

Thanks again!

Jim

9. L5player

L5player Member

I always get a bit embarrassed by the fact that I'm just using a pod pro and fiddling around with it to try to get something reasonable out of it. The pod seems to record really well and from there I usually tweek the tone a bit more in Sonar by using the EQ and a little lexicon stereo spread to thicken it up. All very non-scientific monkeying around on my part compared to the awesome efforts I hear from the greats that frequent the board.

I once saw a thread here that had pictures of folks gear. I could not believe it! There are some real serious gearheads here! I'm just glad to pull off what I can and not get laughed at with my meager setup! LOL

Thanks,

Jim

10. journo

journo Member

Hi again Jim,

You should not ever be embarrassed by gear as it is the result that counts. I only record direct with my humble Boss GS-10 but in most cases I'm very happy with the results.

I saw you mention that you had made some backing tracks. Is there anywhere I can listen to them and maybe even download them for my jamming pleasure?

Cheers,

Mats N

11. L5player

L5player Member

Hi Mats,

Thanks for the encouraging words! I have a number of backings at this address:

http://www.jimheidinger.com/html/backing_tracks.html

Hope you like them!

Jim

12. journo

journo Member

Hi Jim,

Now I'm probably going to sound like a adolecent drooling Westlife fan but I actually didn't know you were THAT Jim Heidinger. If I had I would have asked a lot earlier. I have been hearing a few takes on some of your backings and have been thinking "who the h*ll can make their BTs groove this good".

Now I actually communicate with the man himself. Kudos to you Jim and thanks for the BTs.

Cheers,

Mats N

13. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

Hi Jim, great playing, your solo breath in a cool way...btw ..I love that in 2:50~2:56..is INCREDIBLE...and the bending at end of the phrase is loaded of pure feel! ..a serious add to my ideas book thesaurus. The tone is great, smooth and personal, that Pod Pro puppy found a good master. BTW Journo tracks really have something that make us fly..dont think so Jim?

Carlos

http://www.download.com/carloseduardoarellano

14. L5player

L5player Member

Thanks Buddy! I put this up over at Wholenote too with the backing and your solo. I think Chris Pinto is going to give it a try. A little bit of advertising for you! LOL

Sometimes I luck out on finding decent settings on the POD. Speaks well for the POD actually because I really don't spend much time trying to tweak it.

Glad you liked it! :)

Jim

15. journo

journo Member

Hi again Jim,

What this Wholenote thing?
    Where do I find it?

Cheers,

Mats N

16. L5player

L5player Member

Hi Mats.

Not to steer you away from this great site, but wholenote was where I first found the AAT or BT as you call them. The site is
    www.wholenote.com. I put your backing up in the announcements forum which is where most of the member track stuff happens. It would be great to see you there!

Here is the link to the announcement:

Journo's Track at Wholenote

I think you are becoming famous there! :)

Jim