Journo's Lock Up the Funk

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by mikem, Jan 20, 2006.

1. mikem

mikem Senior Member

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Mike,

It's very nice to hear someone bother to record a rhythm track. Dry and nice. The lead sound was cool too. Production wise you managed to fit them to the BT in a good way even if I personally would have enjoyed hearing the lead a little bit better. Louder, please! :D

Cheers,

Mats N

3. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Thanks, Mats. Your backing tracks are awesome. You really should be writing some tunes and making some dough for it, IMHO. You have proven that you can write compelling stuff in different styles, which not everyone can do. What you heard was just my second rate attempt to try to keep up with what you were doing. I posted it because I really like your tracks and want to keep them in the spotlight. Keep 'em coming, Mats!

Mike

4. journo

journo Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the compliment!

I wish that I could make some money on my BT's. Especially now when I'm out of a job. The problem is that there are so many BT's to be had for free that I think people do not want to pay for it. I've been thinking of finding a way to the iTunes store and maybe folks would be willing to pay a dollar for a BT. If just 20 people out of the 100 or so who download my BT's from here paid a dollar that would be good.

If you have a suggestion I'm all ears!!!!

Cheers,

Mats N

5. mikem

mikem Senior Member

For starters, it wasn't a compliment, I was stating a simple fact. My suggestion is a simple one: hook up with a singer and write some vocal tunes.

:D

Mike