Joyo JF-322 Auto-wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by realbluesoldkid, Mar 11, 2015.

1. realbluesoldkid

realbluesoldkid Member

hi,anyone can tell something about this effect ?

2. dirtnap101

dirtnap101 Member

It's a decent auto wah. The controls are identical to the Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah, and I got the Joyo hoping to be able replace my SWAW to save some space and get the same sounds.

A/Bing them, it's in the ballpark but not close enough for my taste. So I kept the SWAW and sold the Joyo. But seems like good quality, solid build quality and it's definitely good value for the money.

3. realbluesoldkid

realbluesoldkid Member

wow , this Joyo knacks ! hope I don't wake up plagued by ethical thoughts. Is it too much invasive or preserves guitar's original tone ? Good also if overdrived ?

4. dirtnap101

dirtnap101 Member

No more invasive than any other auto wah or envelope filter/follower. I would say this class of pedals (wahs/filters) do not, on purpose, preserve the original tone due to their very nature - they sweep across the frequencies from low to high, so only a small part of the original tone is let through at any time.

It's also fine with overdrive - it just doesn't sound quite as good as the Snow White Auto Wah. I would say it's a very good "poor man's" auto wah for the $50US I paid for it new on eBay, vs $200 for the Snow White.

5. realbluesoldkid

realbluesoldkid Member

thanks a lor dirtnap , now I'll get it for sure.