joyo pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by realbluesoldkid, Feb 18, 2015.

1. realbluesoldkid

realbluesoldkid Member

hi,I'd like to Know some opinione about the modeling amp pedals of this brand ,overall California sound and AC Tone .thank you

2. Tybalt66

Tybalt66 Member

I don't think they are modelling pedals since they are analog as far as I know. I had the british and the american true tone and they sounded Ok but not great for me. A bit on the noisy side.
    I think it is a cheap possibility to explore basic tone territory.

3. Apegryn

Apegryn Member

Modelling pedals come in many forms, analog ones are among the first to arrive and by many still concidered the best.

Simply means a pedal mean to model something else, usually an amp (be it marshall, fender, vox etc.)

4. gearscrubs

gearscrubs Supporting Member

I have the AC Tone, California, and American Sound (also have the Tech 21 Blonde and Leeds). Overall, I think the Joyo versions hold up very well compared with the Tech 21. The California is my least favorite, however. I haven't found a sound in that box that beats the American or AC Tone, and it's pretty noisy at higher gain settings. I think the AC Tone does a pretty convincing Vox clean and chimey crunch.

5. Onemileguy

Onemileguy Member

I have the American and California sound, I much prefer the American, however the California has awesome tones too! For $30ish, buy all of them. These also stack well with other dirt pedals before them. Also the 3 band eq is helpful too for tone shaping.

6. S. F. Sorrow

S. F. Sorrow Member

Have (or had) the AC Tone. Great sounding pedal no doubt but died in a week. Just got quieter and quieter. Looked inside - micro circuit nightmare.
    Make sure you get it from a dealer that you can return it to if it has problems. Unfortunately got mine from an online fly by night dealer that dissolved after I bought it. Would not respond to emails.

7. Tybalt66

Tybalt66 Member

Uuuuups, I always thought modelling = digital

8. scolfax

scolfax Member

Well the Tech21 pedals that they are copies of are all-analog. Modeling is a vague term. Analog means something specific.

9. flyonthewall150

flyonthewall150 Supporting Member

Joyo California sound is one of the worst sounding and noisiest pedals I've tried.

10. KenHR

KenHR Member

I use an American Sound and love it. No noise issues here; I keep the volume at max (that seems to be unity) but I keep the gain way back.

11. to_be_released

to_be_released Member

I also like my American Sound. I will say that where unity is on the volume depends on the gain and voicing knobs - when I'm running both of those a bit higher, I need to dial back the volume.

I bought mine mostly for easy direct home recording, which it is rather excellent at. I get most of my drive from my amps, so it's more for situations where I'm not using said amps. That said, after having the American Sound for a while, I don't think I'd ever get a drive pedal without a three band eq - it's a really useful thing to have.

12. benvigil

benvigil Member

Joyo American is one of the best buys out there.

13. realbluesoldkid

realbluesoldkid Member

I thank everyone , here not so may answers...

14. realbluesoldkid

realbluesoldkid Member

...ooops , naturally I mean many..

15. minty901

minty901 Member

I have the Tech 21 Blonde, Liverpool and Oxford. The pedals are so great but to be honest the extreme versatility that you get with the EQ and gain/character knobs means you can tune any one of the pedals to sound pretty close to any of the other ones, that it kind of negates collecting them all. It's not a bad thing, by any means.

16. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

I have all 4 Joyo pedals. Too inexpensive not to have them all.

The AC Tone is my favorite. I'm not even an AC15/30 guy, but when I heard it I was like,"Holy Poop, this pedal rocks!" It stays cruchy, even in milk.

I haven't ranked the others yet. Still trying to figure out why the AC Tone is so freaking sweet!

17. KenHR

KenHR Member

Very good point. The controls are highly interactive and can yield a wide range of tones.

I get my dirt from OD pedals; I like the sparkly cleans the American gives.

18. CE-2 Man

CE-2 Man Senior Member

British Sound was really good paired with the Joyo 808 pedal

19. guspc

guspc Supporting Member

I also have the American Sound, I use mostly as a clean canvas for my tone. It sits on top of my amp. The EQ allows great tone flexibility. Like others before, I get my dirt from OD pedals.
    Shane from Intheblues youtube channel made a pretty cool comparison between all of those pedals discussed here. That comparison was what sold me to buy the American Sound.

20. rodeodee

rodeodee Member

I bought a Joyo AC Tone. It has a very wide range of sound and a ton of gain as well if you need it. So many options. The only issue is it does add some noise to my over all signal. I haven't fully chased it down yet, but I have a regulated supply and it's noticeable when it's in the signal chain. If you're not fussy about a bit of noise then it's a hell of a pedal.