Joyo Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bluflames, Apr 16, 2015.

1. bluflames

bluflames Member

Digging through my wallet earlier I found an Amazon $30 gift card, which is nearly the exact price of a great many joyo pedals.

I have several ODs already but I'm always down to try more. I currently have 2 boss SD-1 pedals (modded of course), a rimrock mythical overdrive, a GGG bluesbreaker with some of the PoT mods, an 18v analogman king of tone clone, a dual boost pedal that runs a treble booster to overdrive an EP-3 preamp clone, a madbean 8ball (darker bluesbreaker circuit), a madbean slow Loris (rat circuit with adjustable slew rate), a fulltone fat boost (clone though), and I'm sure there are 1 or 2 others I'm forgetting.

I'm really curious about the ac tone and the sweet baby overdrive. I'm open to modulation effects too - things like phasers and delay, chorus etc. I've had my eyes on the ehx freeze but I'm not aware of any copies of that out on the market?

Which pedal would you get?

Guitar(s) are a strat, HS Tele, les Paul, and HH jazzmaster. Amp is a single channel 1974x clone (one volume one tone knob)

2. tuj

tuj Member

EHX Freeze hasn't been copied yet, but you can find them for under 100 if you look used. It's a great effect.

As for Joyo, try out their TS clone, the pale green pedal.

3. 6Tones

6Tones Supporting Member

Joyo Vintage overdrive is great TS.
    Didnt care for other Joyo ODs as much.

4. Totally Bored

Totally Bored Member

The Joyo Golden Face amp simulator is a great DI pedal.

5. crash

crash Member

+1. I have the Clean Glass. Perfect 'backup' amp, works well for the few gigs I do where I have to play direct (church gigs), and TINY!
    And... FOH guys were really happy. That's usually my barometer - if the FOH guys (the ones I trust) like it and can place it in the mix easily, it's good.

6. guitardudeness

guitardudeness Member

I have the AC Tone. Also have lots of boutique and high end pedals. The AC Tone is easily the most versatile "drive" pedal I own, and is a mainstay on my band practice board. Capable of anything from Beatles chme to classic rock grit to very heavy grunge tones. Not one issue with it so far. Great sound and can transform a basic small practice amp into a pretty convincing VOX sound. In higher watt amps, I use it more as an alternative dirt. Plays nicely with most other drives as well, depending on order/buffers/rig/etc. I really like it, 32$ or not.

Hope that helps the OP.

7. Turi

Turi Member

The Ultimate Drive is tasty A.F.

8. Bennihana

Bennihana Member

Seconded.

9. don550

don550 Supporting Member

The Ultimate Drive is a good sounding pedal.. I have some "Booteek" pedals on my larger board and Ultimate Drive can compete with any of them as long as you keep the drive no more than 11 O'clock...

10. vpich

vpich Member

the joyo trem is fantastic. the american sound is fantastic for recording.

11. offthiscentury

offthiscentury Member

I have an American Sound and it sounds really good for direct recording. Some of the knobs seem to resist being turned while others are smooth-turning like you'd expect from a pedal. YMMV

12. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Member

The only Joyo I've tried is the "Classic Flanger" and it sounds incredible. Its all analog and can self oscillate too. I could have spent more money (like I usually/foolishly do) but I decided to give it a shot first. I won't be replacing it!

13. iunderd

iunderd Member

I have the AceTone and really enjoy it...specifically the fact that it has a nice EQ to dial in your sound. I use it stacked on my Mythical OD, and it has a really big sound. I mainly use it for more lead-lines where my fuzz boxes get muddy