• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

JOYO Power Supply 2 JP-02...good? bad?

gennation

Seems these guys make quality gear. Just wondering what the Experienced people here can tell me about it.

I have a BBE Supa-Charger now but need to score another supply and have a line on a JP-02. Wondering if I should grab it.

DaveKS

Joyo is just a glorified one spot with built in daisy chain. It doesn't have true isolated outputs like your BBE.

Turi

I've had a JP-02 for ages now, maybe a year. It used to power 5-6 pedals from the Hardwire line, no problems and no added noise.
I think it's great.

"True isolated outputs" doesn't mean a thing, when the JP-02 isn't noisy. What's the difference?
Nothin'.

I've had a JP-02 for ages now, maybe a year. It used to power 5-6 pedals from the Hardwire line, no problems and no added noise.
I think it's great.

"True isolated outputs" doesn't mean a thing, when the JP-02 isn't noisy. What's the difference?
Nothin'.
You don't need isolated outputs until you do. Then you will miss them dearly.
I have a bunch of different power supplies. I ran a board with a dunlop DC brick with out much issue for a while, but it was always super noisy when I plugged a synth in to it.
Then I hooked up the ISO5 and the noise was gone... and even with guitar there was slightly less noise, though it had always been bearable with guitar.

WhoJamFan

Anybody make an inexpensive isolated output power supply? I see some advertised, but they take a wall wart which I'm led to belive means it's just a box version of a daisy chain pedal.

I have 2 boards I'd like to put together, but $100+ a pop for boards that are only going to get minimal selective use just isn't in my already lacking budget.

gennation

The reviews seem to all say it took care of daisy chained pedal noise. Take it for what is worth i guess.

Lithsp, did you have noise before using the joyo?

I'm thinking I might run what i can in the joyo and anything else in the supa. The joyo is under $50 on amazon. So I think I'm going for it.

Anybody make an inexpensive isolated output power supply? I see some advertised, but they take a wall wart which I'm led to belive means it's just a box version of a daisy chain pedal.

I have 2 boards I'd like to put together, but $100+ a pop for boards that are only going to get minimal selective use just isn't in my already lacking budget.
If you are talking about the stuff on ebay they are all advertised as isolated, but if you read the fine print it's 'isolated power protection' which is not at all the same thing. Theoretically they could run off a wall wart, but i dont know of any that do.

guitarman3001

The reviews seem to all say it took care of daisy chained pedal noise. Take it for what is worth i guess.

Lithsp, did you have noise before using the joyo?

I'm thinking I might run what i can in the joyo and anything else in the supa. The joyo is under $50 on amazon. So I think I'm going for it.
I can assure you that it does not take care of noise caused by daisy chaining pedals that require a true isolated power source. I bought one and had to send it back. Bought a Cioks Schizophrenic and that took care of the noise.

dapinaje

The only bad thing from the JP-02 is the build quality of it's adapter. The cable torn apart very quickly in my case. Once you replace it, everything is great, 18V option and high current ouput.

valvestate

You don't need isolated outputs until you do. Then you will miss them dearly.
I have a bunch of different power supplies. I ran a board with a dunlop DC brick with out much issue for a while, but it was always super noisy when I plugged a synth in to it.
Then I hooked up the ISO5 and the noise was gone... and even with guitar there was slightly less noise, though it had always been bearable with guitar.
Agree!

I've used 1-spots for several years on my live board and I actually didn't.mind the hiss and switch pop sound from my pedals..

After adding more digital hungry pedals like Strymon, Zoom and Neunaber..noise was really unbearable on stage..I decided to go big and purchased a TrueTone Powersupple..BEST decision ever made!! Absolutely noise free with 12 pedals!!

Trending Topics