JOYO Sweet Baby OD

wildshoetwt

This pedal, for what I paid, is the most incredible little thing. I stomp on it and my solos literally become Jimmy Page in the flesh.

Amazing.

My signal is currently: TelePlus 2nd position (p90ish neck pickup + dual hot humbuckers in series) -> Boss LS-2 Blend of 75% clean & 25% Wampler Catapulp (light OD) -> JOYO Sweet Baby -> Strymon Flint -> Fender Twin Reverb Cranked

I have lots of other pedals in the chain but that's the basic setup.

I've never owned the Sweet Baby, but my SHOD isn't going anywhere any time soon. A friend of mine has the Sweet Baby, and it sounded nearly identical to the SHOD. Some of the Joyo stuff has really surprised me.

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Both the Sweet Baby and SHOD are awesome. I started with the Joyo, but then got the SHOD Deluxe for the extra EQ. Both are killer sounding pedals. Period. Full stop.

eriwebnerr

Just wanted to pass this along this quick little mod for those looking to improve the low end of the pedal. I like the gain texture and the responsiveness but it sounded a bit thin (too much bass cut and too much in the upper mids). I swapped one resistor and it completely improved the pedal. I got the mod from here (the one posted by "mildew"):
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23063

Basically its taking R14 (47K) out and replacing it with a 100K resistor. Totally transformed the pedal! The entire frequency range is balanced and the the low end nice and full. It makes the gain and focus controls usable across the entire range too. Just wanted to pass this along - I highly recommend it!

northstar6000

I have to agree that the Sweet Baby is fantastic. It's hard to imagine that you can get such good tone out of such a cheap pedal. I find it really excels with my strat.

Normally my wife isn't too pleased when I buy pedals (due to the costs of my obsession); but when I told her these Joyo pedals are $30-$40 from China, even she thought it was a no brainer.

eriwebnerr

Yes they are a good deal - you can get them for $25 at times from eBay. On looking at my work again I may have cross connected something - very hard to see and solder with the tiny components but in any event I get full bass now - personally I like it a lot better. :)

Trending Topics