Joyo US Dream

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by evildik, Jan 25, 2015.

1. evildik

evildik Member

Just got mine after a month wait and I have to say I'm impressed. I've never played an actual Riot, but this thing sounds great. Good for low volume playing when I'm not able to really get the tubes cooking on my amp.

I might have to look into a couple of their other offerings.

Anyone got some favorites? I could use an EQ, analog delay, and TS type overdrive. I know they have pedals in each of those categories.

2. AtomicBlaze

AtomicBlaze Member

I really love the Joyo Vintage Overdrive, a really great tube screamer.

3. Shmoo

Shmoo Member

I bought one just to have a back up dirt box for live and have to say it has sounded pretty good

4. marshall2288

marshall2288 Member

It's been on my radar for some time now. Might as well grab one since it's only $30

5. partytrain

partytrain Member

I've got the Vintage OD and Ultimate Drive on my small board. They sound really great stacked together.

I've also used the US Dream and Crunch Distortion, both solid. Never tried any of their other pedals (mods, delays, etc...)

6. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Member

Standouts in the Joyo lineup for me have been the AC Tone, American, Sweet Baby and Tremolo. I use the 2 amp sims w my Pathfinder 15R and it gives me a second grittier Vox channel and a 'clean to mid grind' Deluxe channel. At higher gain settings they get noisy in front of an amp, as other threads have pointed out. In general, the build quality is more rugged on the boxier original lineup than the newer smaller enclosures like the US Dream etc. Having said that, I've had no issues with any of the Joyos, old or new housing.

7. Henri III

Henri III Member

I got a Sweet baby and Ultimate drive!

Also the classic flanger and vintage phaser good pedals!

8. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

it could be 250 and you could still grab it.
    It sounds really really good, better than many 200-300+ pedals

9. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

Sweet Baby, Vintage Overdrive, US Dream, and AC Tone are all awesome. I have the Ultimate and all the character pedals and they are pretty good.

Looking to try their EQ and phaser soon.

10. Outshined

Outshined Member

Us dream killed the rockett 10 ton hammer, which is ridiculous, imo. Now I am wondering if there even can be an upgrade with a wampler plextortion/slostortion or say, bogner red?

11. Onemileguy

Onemileguy Member

I bought the American sound to run in front of my night train to fatten it up. I really like the active EQ and the many different tone/gain settings. I also put the American sound after my boutique dual ep booster and TS pedal. It stacks very well. I liked it so much I bought the California sound the next day for more scooped crunch sounds. Sounds good for what it is... I am very tempted to buy the US dream and sweet baby (my friend loves his)

12. david(j)

david(j) Supporting Member

i just got one of these things. first impressions are exactly what i thought they would be - great sounding one trick pony that can kick out some high gain for a mini board or add another flavor of gain for recording. for $30, i'm very pleased.

13. stella was a dive

stella was a dive Member

the joyo trem is just as good as many of the boutique ones out there.