JP6 vs BFR JP6

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wcfields, Jan 24, 2015.

1. wcfields

wcfields Member

What are the major differences between the 2 models?

I noticed the BFR is about $1000 more.

2. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Shamelessly stolen here

"Differences:

- Standard has oiled/waxed almost raw maple feeling neck. BFR has a painted neck
    - Standard is a high quality basswood body. BFR is mahogany tone block, alder wings and maple top.
    - Standard comes with normal dot inlays or JP shield inlays. BFR is the same with "BFR" logo on the 12th.
    - Standard can come without piezo as an option. BFR comes with it stock.
    - Standard comes with EBMM SKB case. BFR comes with a EBMM BFR tweed case (I think).
    - Standard has the forearm scoop and other contours. BFR goes back to a more standard contouring on the body.
    - Some rare Standards come with Rosewood fretboard+neck combos. Some BFRs have Rosewood and Koa fretboard options. (a lot of Limited Edition Runs)
    - Both share similar pickups.

Some would say the BFR is better while some would say the neck on the Standard is better. Both guitars hold their value really well and you're better off finding one that's used. As for is it worth it? It depends - for the BFR you're in custom territory and some would sway towards a custom over the BFR. However if the BFR is your dream guitar then go for it."

3. wcfields

wcfields Member

Thanks.

Not worth the $1000 to me....