JRT9/15 combo vs RSA23 master volume combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by texasturner, Jun 1, 2008.

1. texasturner

texasturner Member

I was curious if anyone has had time to demo both of these. I have heard the 9/15 clip in the 9/15 thread with the duncan overdrive and it sounded great. How would the RSA 23 combo differ? The master volume of the 23 intrigues me since I play alot at home.

2. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

I'm dying to know this too...Because I use the Duncan boost pedal to get those hard rockin' tones. I'm told you don't need the boost pedal with the RSA. I was also told the RSA gets you closer to Marshall territory, which is not really possible with the JRT (unless you use something like the Duncan Twin Tube).

Cheers,

Khan

3. snoggin

snoggin Member

Hi ,Tim here , but doesnt this statement contradict the idea that the Twin Tube does not change the fundamental character of the amp? Just sayin.
    I had an rsa 23 and would like one again.. especially if they made the combo with the click channel.. I wonder why they dont. Is it a room or spacial issue?

4. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

The JRT and the RSA are two totally different animals. I agree that the RSA is much more of a Marshall type tone, but I find the JRT to be a very unique amp. It can cover many bases, but in the end I find it to be an original sound.

If you want a cranked Marshall sound at home, the RSA would be the only choice of the two.

5. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

I ordered an RSA 23 combo with the master volume function. From what I've heard through other owners on this board as well as dealers, this combo is the way to go for my needs.I'm like you as well, I play at home, but I have the occasional gig every now and then. I most definitely need a master volume. However with the combo version there is the absence of the "click" channel, which to some is the very essence of the RSA 23. I have yet to receive the amp, it's actually scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I can't wait to put it through its paces, I will definitely post a review and share it on tgp with you guys.I have a few overdrive/distortion pedals with me - Bjfe Dyna Red, RC Boost, Menatone Karkrash, Fulltone Fulldrive 2, Crunchbox. I'm really anxious as to how the amp will sound and react with these pedals.

6. nolenuttt

nolenuttt Gold Supporting Member

Good deal-Really looking forward to the review!!

7. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Here are some clips from a TGP member blazzrock I got advice from about the RSA 23 before I made my purchase decision. Nice tone, great playing, touch and choice of notes too. Clips of his rsa23 combo.

Check out the track smokehouse.

http://www.myspace.com/kevincline

Lovely!

8. sixstringsteve

sixstringsteve Member

how about an update blue powder, I'm curious too.