JTM 45 mods?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 69strat, Oct 7, 2005.

1. 69strat

69strat Member

I have a rockytop jtm45 coming next week. thanks Andy. As usual, Im looking to mod it already. Im not up on my jtm45 lingo. Can anyone fill me in on mods sound ect. I have heard they are really loud and someone suggested power scaling. What do you think. Thanks.

2. woof*

woof* Member

i have a rockytop JTM45 coming today!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

3. trisonic

trisonic Member

JTM 45's are beautiful as they are - saying that the Rockytops I've heard have more gain than the originals. Originals put out about 33 - 35 watts, they are a comfortable volume. Stick it thru 2 Greenbacks.

Best, Pete.

4. loverocker

loverocker Member

:eek: Gobsmacked, I am. Officially and clinically gobsmacked.

5. Guy from Idaho

Guy from Idaho Member

Mine sounds really really good the way it came. I like EL34s better than KT66 but just bias and go for that. Mine is a very useable volume level as is, and the cleans are beeeyootiful. Mine's in a 1x12 combo box with Cannabis Rex speaker, what a match. YMMV but I'd just enjoy it for awhile before messing with it :p

6. 69strat

69strat Member

Yea, I probobly will leave it alone for a while, or at least until that voice inside my head tells me different!!!!!!

7. woof*

woof* Member

yikes!
    i just finished playing it on my lunch hour.....and as they say..that was about the most fun ive ever had with my pants on.
    it does have a tad more gain than the old ones as i remember. i cant see why you would want to mod yours. jesse is great at building these. this amp has to be one of the quietest and harmonicly full amps i have ever played. purple on my purple/salt/pepper 4x10 looks killer too. i cant wait to get off work and go play some more!

8. 69strat

69strat Member

I,m sold. I wont touch it. I promise!!! Even if that voice teels me too.

9. 69strat

69strat Member

Do you like the 10,s better than the alnico 12,s? I was thinking of getting a 410 to match this head.

10. woof*

woof* Member

i might add..........no pedels tried yet......and it just sings!

rand

11. woof*

woof* Member

well i havnt tried it with 12's yet,..... im using a 4x10 cab i had made with eminence legend alnico's(blue 20 watt). i have been using super reverbs mostly the last ten years so it seemed like a good idea with the added benefit of being more portable. but...just in case.... i ordered a purple mojo 4x12 last week....hehe....

rand

12. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

I have had mine for a month and its a wonderful toneful amp,I use a RC boost and a SOV-1 its sounds great that way a Dash of Delay or Verb,and thats it,Mine is a 1-12 G12H speaker.You dont have to Mod it!
    Use an Attenuator to get it cooking and stand back,Very gig worthy amp,And not as loud.:dude
    Jesse, is a very cool person to deal with.