Jtm45 + ftr37 into the same cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JDandCoke, Dec 6, 2016.

1. JDandCoke

JDandCoke Member

Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier. is there any reason I couldn't do this?
    2x12 cab with a blue and a g12h
    Seperate Input for each. both speakers 16ohm, both amps have 16ohm out.
    Only issue is the power ratings I guess?

Tell me if I'm missing something before I explode something please

2. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

You know, I have tried this over the years with some pretty amazing amps. I have owned both of these amps in question. I'm sure you can make it sound fine.
    In my experience, you lose some characteristics of each amp that make them special. Sonic space being taken up and all.
    I kept wanting to hear the last percent of the tones I appreciated about each amp.
    My latest is using a Sommatone Toaring 40 and Bogner Metropolis together. But I use them in such a way where I get different tones from each amp that sound stellar alone and only use the blended amps for added girth for solos and such.

3. Bullhonky Deluxe

Bullhonky Deluxe Supporting Member

I've done this. 45 thru the H30, 13 in half power mode thru the blue.

The H30 will handle the 45 no problem (and sounds great). My 45's have PPIMV and mix well with the FTR.

4. Wirezz

Wirezz Member

5. JDandCoke

JDandCoke Member

only because what I mentioned I already have, 0 cost!

Would allow me to run stereo delay which would be cool, and I just think the amps would mix well.

Cheers for the replies, That setup with the half power into the blue was exactly what I was thinking, I'm assuming I'd use the 8ohm out into the 16ohm speaker if I did this with the ftr?

6. Wirezz

Wirezz Member

oh at the same time in the same cab ?

May or may not work... phase issues and frequency cancellations. Only way to know is to try it.

7. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

You'll destroy an AlNiCo blue with either of those amps...and could kill the G12H30 too if you're not careful. With different speakers, it's totally doable.