JTM45 Love Thread, post yours here to see

pageburst

So the only one I haven’t tried yet is the Blues alnico with my JTM45 2245THW head, own a 2x12 blues cab that I use with my Vox, I guess I will try what you did here...
I agree when new, the Blues are horrible, took me a while to break em in.

I'd like to hear your thoughts DiPa. I would just make sure you are driving the blues pretty good without of course, overdriving them.

I find the JTM45THW to be quite sensitive to bias and tubes. The Shuaguang KT66s can sound great but need to be biased hot. I found the Gold Lion KT66s lacking overtones and more warm sounding than I like. US made Tungsol 5881s are also exceptional, nice woody crunchy mids. But the best tone I've got from the JTM is running a pair of RCA Black plate 6L6GCs, absolutely beautiful.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
3 years ago was last posting, not too old a thread- I think the JTM45 Offset is the amp I find that comes the closest to an old Bassman amp tones. These offset really have the mojo.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
3 years ago was last posting, not too old a thread- I think the JTM45 Offset is the amp I find that comes the closest to an old Bassman amp tones. These offset really have the mojo.
They do!

Will V.

Silver Supporting Member
Here's my Marshall 2245THW, the Bluesbreaker head reissue they made a while back that never seemed to gain much traction. I picked this up a few months back but just got this 2x12 cab I had custom made to match it. The cab is somewhere in between a 2061CX and a 1960 in size. I don't really need or want a 4x12, and I thought about picking up a 1961 but they're hard to find and really the smaller size fits my space better. Anyway, the cab is loaded with Mojotone Watchtower (rebranded G12M Greenback) speakers and it sounds fantastic, really deep but still articulate. I'm also trying out a Scumback M55PVC/M75PVC pair soon.

The amp itself is amazing, from warm and clean to bright and crunchy, it hits all the sweet spots and makes me feel like I finally found "my sound". I went through a lot of amps trying to find the JTM45 sound in a quieter amp. It turned out that nothing satisfies quite like a JTM45. I just needed a Fryette Power Station to go along with it. There's some discoloration under the plexi face plate, I think some others have experienced this and I'm not sure if it's an adhesive or what is doing that, but it doesn't bother me, it kind of makes the amp look vintage.

X9bQ1jP.jpg

HeavyCream

Silver Supporting Member
. I went through a lot of amps trying to find the JTM45 sound in a quieter amp. It turned out that nothing satisfies quite like a JTM45. I just needed a Fryette Power Station to go along with it. There's some discoloration under the plexi face plate, I think some others have experienced this and I'm not sure if it's an adhesive or what is doing that, but it doesn't bother me, it kind of makes the amp look vintage.

X9bQ1jP.jpg

Yessir! JTM45 + PS-2 FTW!

Congrats man. Sweet rig for sure. Those Scumbacks are going to crush.

Here’s my Bluesbreaker (Ceriatone JTM45 chassis)
5686C7E4-D68A-46AF-A656-D40DFA731118.jpeg
49B1E151-9596-44BD-89D1-3F34FED97CEE.jpeg

The Two Notes Captor was a good hold over but the PS-2 is where it’s at.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
Here's my Marshall 2245THW, the Bluesbreaker head reissue they made a while back that never seemed to gain much traction. I picked this up a few months back but just got this 2x12 cab I had custom made to match it. The cab is somewhere in between a 2061CX and a 1960 in size. I don't really need or want a 4x12, and I thought about picking up a 1961 but they're hard to find and really the smaller size fits my space better. Anyway, the cab is loaded with Mojotone Watchtower (rebranded G12M Greenback) speakers and it sounds fantastic, really deep but still articulate. I'm also trying out a Scumback M55PVC/M75PVC pair soon.

The amp itself is amazing, from warm and clean to bright and crunchy, it hits all the sweet spots and makes me feel like I finally found "my sound". I went through a lot of amps trying to find the JTM45 sound in a quieter amp. It turned out that nothing satisfies quite like a JTM45. I just needed a Fryette Power Station to go along with it. There's some discoloration under the plexi face plate, I think some others have experienced this and I'm not sure if it's an adhesive or what is doing that, but it doesn't bother me, it kind of makes the amp look vintage.

X9bQ1jP.jpg
Congrats!
I had 2 and sold one like an idiot.
I think new they were pricey and so did not gain traction. Great amp.

Last edited:

MetalTele79

Big fan of the JTM45 style.

I used to have this hand wired clone combo... But I prefer a head and cab so I eventually let it go.

IMG_20210921_121915.jpg

IMG_20210921_122122.jpg

I later picked up another clone by an unknown builder.... Love this thing.

IMG_20211207_131758.jpg

IMG_20211207_131615.jpg

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
Pls post your JTM45s.

I love Marshall JTM45s, Marshall hit a home run with these amps.
it is legend, the first guitar amp made by Marshall in 1962. It has been called a "seminal" amp and is praised as the most desirable of all the company's amps. Ken Bran and Dudley Craven were the geniuses behind this. All aluminum chassis (preferred as it's lower hum than steel).

I am showcasing the ones still in my possession below:

Marshall JTM45/100 40th Anniv, handmade, this is king of all amps. 100W, dual transformers, came with a pair of 4x12 cabs, Alnico speakers, all tone and sweetest sound. Very articulate, not as high gain as a plexi, no harshness or ice pick tones. It's a creamy, smooth and warm sound. Believe only 250 were made. I turn this puppy up and it sings. No pedals needed. This is one amp I will not sell.

2jd46lf.jpg

Marshall JTM45 Offset (OS), I already have a thread on this pair on TGP. Handwired and all tone!!!

m9sj88.jpg

Marshall JTM45 30W, 2245THW Tremlo Hand Wired, circuitry is identical to the Bluesbreaker. This amp is fine and at 30W, it screams. Have a Marshall Greenback 4x12 cab from the mid 90s on the right, one of my sweetest cabs, and the cab to the left is from Swanson loaded with Scumback M75 PVC 20W each. 100W and 80W cabs and they match up nicely with the two JTM45 30W amps.

x5ds1x.jpg

Marshall JTM45 Bluesbreaker RI below, PCB and sounds great. Got this back in 1999 I think, and its been a great amp. It has a smooth breakup and I always get the goods out of this amp.
15mo7wk.jpg
At some point I will update the photos, the older Tinypic is gone

Trending Topics

Top Bottom