• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

JTM45 Speaker selection?

Champ

Does anyone use there JTM45 with a 1x12 cab? If so what speaker are you using. Seems like the Marshall's are usually 2x12 and up. Have a JTM on the way and trying to decide on a speaker or speakers.

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
Ahh so you got the one in the Emporium I resisted pulling the trigger on in the Emporium though I really wanted to go for it?

I think it would work well with either but likely best with 2- 12's.

Ben S.

I have run one through my Scumback H75-65w 1x12 and it was fantastic. I have run it through my 1x12 with a Tone Tubby Alnico; it had incredible big and tight bottom end and great highs, but the midrange lacked for me.

Champ

I have run one through my Scumback H75-65w 1x12 and it was fantastic.
That's the speaker I have on hand and will be trying. Any other single speaker JTM45 players out there and what are you using?

Nork

i've heard a lot of people liking greenbacks for the jtm45. i liked it when i played it.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, you'll want a 65 or 100 watt Scumback ... don't go low power.

Mark Olson

I agree with going with something 65-100 watts. Something enough to handle the power if you want to crank the amp, but not too high wattage that you won't be able to wake the speaker up.

matchless

Gold Supporting Member
I use a paint can SRO EV -66 watts rated /103db.great for cleans or crunch(if you can use the volume)

Uniphasian

I play a Louis Electric Baby Bluesbreaker (JTM45 chassis in a 1x12 combo cab). The amp came with a G12H-30, but I swapped that out with a Celestion Gold and have been happy ever since.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom