Juicebox(ADL) power supply under a Pedaltrain?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bloomfield fan, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Juicebox power supply from Aspect Design Labs ( the old Pedalboard.com) and mounting it under a Pedaltrain pedal board? Its dimensions are a bit larger than the Voodoo Lab box and it will not fit directly in the space most of you use your PP2's.

2. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

It would require a lot of cutting to do. Mount it on top and put a pedal or two on top of it. Thats much much easier.

3. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

that's what i've done for a couple of years with no issue. makes a pretty good 2nd tier.

4. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Which model Juice Box and Pedaltrain do you have? The v002 JB is a little flatter and will fit under the Pedaltrain Pro. the v003 doesn't.

Chris

5. Bloomfield fan

I have a JBX-002. I have had it for 7 or 8 years as well as a ADL Dual Switch Box. Both fantastic. I would like to mount this on either a PT Jr or PT2. My current board is a flat 30x16 which I would like to down size as pedals in general have gotten smaller. Also stage space is often small.
    It would be great if it could some how be mounted below the pedal board.
    What types of pedals have you stacked on top of the juicebox? Any problems? Does it fit in the case with a pedal on top of the power supply?

6. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

i've stacked a few on my juicebox and i have an original pedaltrain... it was a little tight against the foam but the newer pedaltrain cases and the soft cases probably have more clearance. here's an old pic, this was the most pedals that i'd stacked on there:

[​IMG]

7. Bloomfield fan

I love the pedal selector strip in the front. Most cool.
    Is that an older Magic boy on the board? I am looking to possibly buy one.

8. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

thanks.... i liked that board a lot, but most of those are gone now. the Lovepedal is the vibe. still use it. so you can probably fit 2 to 3 mxr size pedals on there depending on the rest or your board.

9. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

you could mount some rubber feet under the board to lift it up and give you room to mount it/stuff under there, if you already do, then change them for bigger feet.

10. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

You would have to drill out the rivets and then rivet on new feet which is a pain if you dont have a riveting gun.