JUKE 1210, JUKE 112 - Redux.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by trisonic, Sep 6, 2005.

1. trisonic

trisonic Member

I know a couple of my "mates" on here own Jukes but they are too far away (and off my planned travel routes) to plug into.

Can anyone point me in the direction of recordings using these amps (or failing which post some clips that could at least give me a feel for these amps).

Thanks, Pete.

2. DamianP

DamianP Member

Can`t help with clips Pete, sorry.
    If your travel plans include a trip back to England you`re welcome to try mine.

,Damian.

3. trisonic

trisonic Member

,Damian.

Actually you're one of the "mates" above - I'll probably not be back until 2006, Summer.

Do you play any style of music thru your Juke 1210? What made you select a Juke? Do you get a good spread of edge of distortion with it or is it totally clean?
    Sorry to pick your brains but I've got these amps under my skin and it's itching.

See Ya! Pete.

4. DamianP

DamianP Member

Glad to be included on the list.:)

My musical "style" is sort of a concoction of old school blues, Meters style funk with some badly mangled rockabilly thrown in.

With the preamp up full it can get dirtyish. Pickups with a little more than vintage type output certainly help.
    The closest thing I can compare it to distortion level wise is a JTM45. Certainly not more than that.

Why did I choose it?
    Well I suppose I took a risk, not having heard one, but I did as much web based research as possible (fortunately the type of amp it is attracts, shall we say, a more mature and considered buyer who`s comments described pretty much the amp I had in my head). I talked to Gary Croteau who was very helpfull and the deal was done.
    There was a certain amount of trepidation before it arrived but I have been nothing but pleased since it arrived.

In fact I`ve had it about 18 months and only just started thinking about buying something else. (As well as not instead of) :)

,Damian.

5. trisonic

trisonic Member

Many thanks, ,D. You're much in line with me. I like JTM45's but want something smaller.
    Hawkeyeinexile has a 1210 but everytime I see pics of him he's playing thru something else........well, he has (had) a nice selection.....

Best, Pete.

6. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    hey, Pete, i been mullin' & wonderin' how to go about this and doncha know good ol' d-o-c sprung to mind. just between you and me (of course) maybe i can persuade him to he'p me throw something together for you.

any requests? so, many variables. i'm thinkin' strata-houla, open chords, barre chords, a little riffage (low notes to high), "Apache", and of course "Blues in A". "Raunchy", whatever. set controls @ noon & slowly vary for cleans and distortion. show off reverb, tremolo, vibrato. lots to cover.

:cool:

the reason you don't see many pix of me w/Juke is lack of stage space. an old Reverberocket ('61![i/] has been my mainstay for well over a year. if i had druthers and space, it'd be the Juke and the Fuchs Concert mod switchable. but such is not my lot. and i'd prob'ly add an Aiken EL84 of some kind, too, if i had one. :D

7. hawkeyeinexile

just checked here and Gary's still offering 48-hr approval, so...that's an option, too

8. trisonic

trisonic Member

Hawk, I was just teasing........

I know that you love the amp, if you could get D-O-C to assist in a little project, cool! A little Apache would go down well with the "Hank" and a little Brit style Blues would be great.

Maybe you used it on some of your CD's? Let me know which ones and I'll order them.....

Thanks for the offer, mate. Appreciate it.

Best, Pete.

9. hawkeyeinexile

oh. in that case...all of them! :eek:

("jus' kiddin'" ;))

10. PopsDiesel

PopsDiesel Supporting Member

I have a Juke 1210 for sale, as a matter of fact, right here in little ol' Delaware. Your more than welcome to give it a spin.

11. trisonic

trisonic Member

Dear PopsDiesel,

If you want to add the above snippet to this discussion please add what you like and don't like about it and your impressions of it's tone. Ta!

Best, Pete.

12. PopsDiesel

PopsDiesel Supporting Member

Sorry about the short post, I was heading out and tight on time. Anyway, the Juke is a real cool amp, very different. The low end is tight and Ampeg sounding, no 6V6 mush. The high end somewhere between tweed and black, thick, a tad of hair, not ice pickey. Great note definition with chords. When pushed the notes are still clear but with a little bite, a bit of compression, smooth sustain. Reverb is NOT Fender; the verb stays behind the note. Trem/Vib is way cool, way different. I use it much more with this amp than my Fenders. Lots of knobs and tonal flexibility, easy to dial in. Fairly heavy, very well built, cool looking, not super loud, big sound as you would expect with all the speakers, cuts the mix live. Anyway, I hope that gives you a little insight!!! You really should play one if you get the chance, they are a lot of fun and cover much territory.

13. cold_fusion

cold_fusion Suspended

I been highly intriuged by this amp and if it could cop early 70's Leo Nocentelli tones from "The Meters" that would be awesome as his tone and funky playing were absolute stupendous IMHO.

14. DamianP

DamianP Member

I tried it this evening.
    It`s certainly close enough for me.
    I think Leo mostly played a 335 with humbuckers so I don`t have a direct comparison but my P90/filtertron equiped hollow tele thing gets me as near as I need .

15. hawkeyeinexile

okay...d-o-c was kind & patient & generous enough to squander the best part of an otherwise really nice afternoon recording & editing my fumblings & such. i posted them this a.m. here