Jumping the channels

jrbanjo

Tell me about jumping the channels on an amp.

Can it be done on any amp - or, let's say any Fender with the two independent channels?

If I'm in input 1 vibrato, would I just run from vibrato two into normal channel 1?

does it just blend tones? what about volume - are the two channels then running "parallel or series"?

Thanks for any discussion.

wyatt

The linked thread discusses it plenty.

As for your exact questions.

You idea of how to jumper is correct. But you cannot jump
All amps satisfactorily. The two channels in Fender reverb combos (Deluxe Reverb, Pro Reverb, Super Reverb, Twin Reverb, etc.) are out-of-phase with one another, so if you jumper channels phase-cancellation results in a bright, thinner, anemic tone.

The channels will be in parallel. It's mostly to blend the tones.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
You can try it on any multi-channel amp. It won't always work or sound great. When it does, you're typically utilizing an otherwise unused pre-amp tube, or part of one. That usually means a little boost, a livelier sound, and the ability to blend channel voices to taste. This last part is magic on certain tweed amps.
MD

LPVM

Silvertone 1482. It's a 2 channel amp and has two inputs on the instrument channel. I run out of the second through a delay or reverb then blend the tone with the amp's volume controls.

Last edited:

Trending Topics