Jumping Towers Red White and Blue tests

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by scottl, Jan 26, 2006.

1. scottl

scottl Member

(Wank take warning)

Been home all week from NAMM and I only got to fire my rig up this morning for 10 minutes! Been crazy here.

Here are two short Red White and Blue samples. I just got the speaker last week. Played it a total of maybe 15 minutes so far.

These clips are my Audix I5 mic. Baker RF, SOD50 in HRM mode, and RWB loaded into an Avatar 1X12. Just really wanked takes. I was rushing as usual before work. I am going for a certain tone so please no nonHRM comparison comments. LOL

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/towersrwb2a.MP3

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/towersrwb.MP3

Here are this mornings wanks... I backed off the internal treble trim a tad and readjusted mic position. I think the tone is a bit better..... Smoother with nice growl on the bottom. Me likey the Eminence RWB..... Me likey the post OD tonestack..... The Audix I5 mic let me roll abck the trble and smooth things but it keeps the top end unmuffled.

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/towersrwb4I5.MP3

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/towersrwb3I5.MP3

Scott

2. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

You hackin' wanker!:rolleyes: Yeah right. Actually, I heard some rippin' straight blues/rock licks that I have never heard from you.

As far as the tone, not sure what you are looking for, but it has more "edge" than most of your stuff. I like it. Not better, just different.

Later you chopmeister.
    dk

3. gsozz

gsozz Member

We are all humbled by your whank:eek:

These clips seem to sound more well defined for HRM mode. Very good top end which tends to stand by itself. Nothing mushy, even the bottom end was very well defined.
    I likey,
    Greg

4. ivers

ivers Member

Tone sounds great to me... well, I guess that's about how specific I can speak on the subject, lol. There seems to be a certain 'roar' there that I'm not sure if I've heard, though. That's something I dug, anyway, whether it's been there before or not.

Some really happening lines and phrasing, as well.

5. scottl

scottl Member

Thanks Ivers! I am trying for the growl roar thing. Exactly.....

Now if only I could play like Kim Johanssen. :mad:

6. Normster

Normster Member

Oh yeah! That tone has some serious attitude!!! There are times when smooth just doesn't cut it, like this track. That little extra edge is just totally badass.
    (I guess you already know my preferences.)

7. glasman

glasman Guest

Hey Scott, those clips have got that edgy thing going on for sure. They sound really good, can't wait til you some of those other mics to get a comparison.

Now while you're wankin' away there, could you mental telepathy some chops my direction. I pick up my guitars and all they do is argue with me:jo

Gary

8. journo

journo Member

Hi Scott,

I feel really good when I hear your takes on my BTs.
    These are are a bit wilder than what I usually hear from you and it's all good.
    That SOD50 sounds like a clear competitor to the Fuchs.

Cheers,

Mats N

9. janoz

janoz Member

Aaaahh,to many good licks/lines/ phrasing....my brain is melting from pleasureoverload......
    Supertone aswell!

/A

10. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Good stuff man! Does seem to have a bit more treble than a lot of your stuff. I like it.

11. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Wow Scott that was some good playing, and your sound is excellent as usual, very expressive and fat.