Just a little ditty with a D*mble in my Kemper

journo

Hi,

I'm betatesting a few real D*mble profiles in my Kemper and after tweaking one of them a bit I got a sound I needed something to play to. So I put together a backer and here it is. Collings City Limits into the KPA and to sound card. Such a dynamic sound.

[SOUNDCLOUD] https://soundcloud.com/bt-king/in-no-time-141028[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Cheers,

Mats N

ganttmann

Great guitar sound! I've been interested in the Kemper, but the $$$ are not there. SMall mix note - the left-right panning of the piano sound is distracting! I'd let the keys be more to one side, your guitar to the other. Would be a nicer, more organic balance, I think.

Nice clip!

Gantt

The bear

Nice!
How do you like the Colings CL compared to the I-35lc?
Does it make sense to have both?(please say yes).

journo

Great guitar sound! I've been interested in the Kemper, but the $$$ are not there. SMall mix note - the left-right panning of the piano sound is distracting! I'd let the keys be more to one side, your guitar to the other. Would be a nicer, more organic balance, I think.

Nice clip!

Gantt
Thanks for the kind note and the mix tip. Funny how we percieve things differently. I was thinking about the panning and thought it would be cool to have some movement in an otherwise sparse mix. I will think more carefully next mix.

Cheers,

Mats N

journo

Nice!
How do you like the Colings CL compared to the I-35lc?
Does it make sense to have both?(please say yes).
They are like my children. They are both favorites with their own strengths and I love them both to bits. They are similar in top notch playabiliy (which you already know all about) and neck dimensions. The CL is slightly warmer in the mids (Throbaks) and the I-35LC is (not surprisingly) sounding more like a 335 but with nicer top end (Lollars). Easier to fake a jazz sound with this.

I'm now wanting an Eastside and a 290. No guarantee I'll get one.

Cheers,

Mats N

The bear

They are like my children. They are both favorites with their own strengths and I love them both to bits. They are similar in top notch playabiliy (which you already know all about) and neck dimensions. The CL is slightly warmer in the mids (Throbaks) and the I-35LC is (not surprisingly) sounding more like a 335 but with nicer top end (Lollars). Easier to fake a jazz sound with this.

I'm now wanting an Eastside and a 290. No guarantee I'll get one.

Cheers,

Mats N
Very cool!
An Eastside and 290 would make sense I think.
I wouldn't mind a 290 myself as well as a CL.

Trending Topics