Just A Quick One: Fulltone Supa Trem 1 vs ST 2 ???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by warren3333, Apr 25, 2015.

1. warren3333

warren3333 Gold Supporting Member

Hi guys,

I used to own a ST1 and loved it. GAS took over and I replaced it.

Now, I fancy a ST again.

Does the 2 sound just like the 1 ???

Many thanks,
    Ready to buy !

Warren

2. mad mat

mad mat Member

Previous models ALWAYS sound better! No matter what brand or type.

3. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

They sound the same, and by the same, I mean equally frickin' fantastic. In my opinion, it's the closest thing you'll get to the natural sound of tube amp tremolo in a pedal. The ST2 gives you an extra LFO waveform, phase correlation control, tap tempo, and stereo functionality that properly drives the input of two amps.

One thing to note, if you lived and died by the half-speed and hard/soft foot-switchable modes on the ST1, the ST2 doesn't currently have those as of this writing. However, Fulltone is supposedly working on a (free?) upgrade to the ST's functionality. One of the upgrades is supposed to allow the ST2's tap tempo foot-switch to access the half-speed function.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  4. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

I like fulltone and the first version sounds better. Smae goes for the ocd and the fat boost

5. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

Agreed, I had the ST-1 and ST-2 side by side and they sounded the same.

I have the latest ST-2 version with the double/half speed function on the tap tempo switch, works great.

It really comes down to how much one is willing to spend, I don't regret going to the ST-2.

6. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

Get the ST2 if you budget allows...well worth the extra $ for the added features...I had both...the ST2 is a great improvement on an already awesome pedal...