• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Just bought a Gibson ES 339

telejammer

I just bought a mint Gibson ES339 in antique vintage sunburst with hard case ,guitar is mint cond. I was looking for a Gibson and happened to be at GC trying out the new Les Paul Standard when my eye caught this 339 hanging on the wall way up high. I ask the salesman if it was new and he says he does not know but will get a ladder and take it down. It was used but absolutely not a mark on it anywhere. They were asking $1499.00 but I offered cash that day and got them down to $1350.00 +tax . I,m so happy with this guitar,plays like a dream and looks new. The best part is saving almost a $1000.00 over buying new. Anyone else very happy with their ES339?

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
I don't think they go for a grand more new, but still congrats on your new guitar! Pictures would be great!!!

telejammer

I looked up prices on several dealers websites and the same guitar with the 60's taper necks are $2299.00. I think it was Musician"s Freind had one with the fatter 50's neck for $1999.00. Anyway the GC where I bought this one had a new 339 in red and the tag on it was $2299.00.Either way I am very satisfied with it.

jerryfan6

Gold Supporting Member
I've been considering a 339. Did you compare at all to the 335? Curious about the differences in tone and feel. I guess same question between the 339 and an LP?

Sean French

Congrats.:beer
Wonderful guitars IMO. I've got an '07 with a 30/60 neck, RS vintage kit and a '57 Classic + in the bridge.

Fendegibs

Who pays MSRP? Anyways Congrats again, would love to see some hollowbody goodness in a picture...
New these things street at around $1999, so getting out the door at $1350 new is a great deal. I thought I did well getting my 339 out the door for $1750!

airportbar

Who pays MSRP?
Are you being argumentative for the sake of it? Who are you, The REAL Rocker?

Point is these things sell new at pretty much all the usual places for around $1999. Getting it for $1350 is good deal.

Teleman

Silver Supporting Member
Great deal on that one! I picked up a 339 a couple of months ago with the 50's neck. Absolutely love it!
Enjoy!

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
Are you being argumentative for the sake of it? Who are you, The REAL Rocker?

Point is these things sell new at pretty much all the usual places for around $1999. Getting it for $1350 is good deal.
Wow, nice burn. That guy is actually Ed Roman come back from beyond...

I really didn't mean anything by it, so whatever brosef I'll leave you to it

RocksOff

The Memphis Tone Circuit makes your guitar sound like Memphis. Some people don't realize that this is desirable because Memphis was a great city on another continence, a long ways from here. It is the place where semi-hollow gitars were invented by a spanish guy named Gitano. He used sand to make a laccer for it, which was mixed with dynamite to make nitrogliceran, which is a very populer way to make your guitar stickier so you don't drop it.
Anyone who doesn't have a gitar made with nitrogliceran doesn't have a real gitar, since it is not duplikateng the kind made in Memphis thousands of years ago in 1922. -the REAL Rocker

Trending Topics

Top Bottom