Just bought a Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper......Good?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jimmyohio75, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

This will be my first delay pedal. I took a shot at this one because it seems to get decent reviews and the price was right. What can you guys tell me about it? I should get it tomorrow!

2. Release

Release Member

Nobody really talks about the Hardwire line for some reason. I guess since it's a Digitech product is all I can imagine. Anyway, I think that's a fantastic pedal. Tons of features, sounds amazing, very solid build. I can't think of any negatives about it. For all the hype the Flashback Delay gets, I think this can hold it's own with it. (I have both)

3. sgnl2nz

sgnl2nz Member

It's a great pedal, both the delays and looper. I've played comparable pedals- I used a Line 6 DL4 for years (went through a few of them, actually) and an Akai Headrush and I'm liking the Hardwire much more. It does a good variety of delay types well and while the loop feature is simple, it's also very useful.

4. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

It's not bad. I liked the Analog and Tape settings.

5. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Member

It is nice having the reverse option as well as a 20 second looper.

Live, I use mine with a MXR carbon copy in front of it. CC for slapaback, DL-8 for longer tape delay...

Use the reverse mode and send out to a looper - way fun to throw down all over that

I am really glad I have mine, and it is a keeper for sure

6. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

Great pedal. Wonderful sounding + tap tempo + delay + a variety of settings. Sold my Carbon Copy for this and never looked back. I have had or still have all of the Hardwire line except the RV-7 and the Vibe. The Chorus is outstanding, the CM-2 is a wonderful TS-type OD with a great vintage/modern switch option that really opens up the possibilities. These things are rock solid and just feel like quality. I think you will love it!