1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper......Good?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jimmyohio75, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

This will be my first delay pedal. I took a shot at this one because it seems to get decent reviews and the price was right. What can you guys tell me about it? I should get it tomorrow!

2. Release

Release Member

Nobody really talks about the Hardwire line for some reason. I guess since it's a Digitech product is all I can imagine. Anyway, I think that's a fantastic pedal. Tons of features, sounds amazing, very solid build. I can't think of any negatives about it. For all the hype the Flashback Delay gets, I think this can hold it's own with it. (I have both)

3. sgnl2nz

sgnl2nz Member

It's a great pedal, both the delays and looper. I've played comparable pedals- I used a Line 6 DL4 for years (went through a few of them, actually) and an Akai Headrush and I'm liking the Hardwire much more. It does a good variety of delay types well and while the loop feature is simple, it's also very useful.

4. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

It's not bad. I liked the Analog and Tape settings.

5. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Member

It is nice having the reverse option as well as a 20 second looper.

Live, I use mine with a MXR carbon copy in front of it. CC for slapaback, DL-8 for longer tape delay...

Use the reverse mode and send out to a looper - way fun to throw down all over that

I am really glad I have mine, and it is a keeper for sure

6. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

Great pedal. Wonderful sounding + tap tempo + delay + a variety of settings. Sold my Carbon Copy for this and never looked back. I have had or still have all of the Hardwire line except the RV-7 and the Vibe. The Chorus is outstanding, the CM-2 is a wonderful TS-type OD with a great vintage/modern switch option that really opens up the possibilities. These things are rock solid and just feel like quality. I think you will love it!