Just bought a Mexican Jazzmaster

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Johnkenn, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Johnkenn

Johnkenn Member

and I'm completely floored...LOVING this thing. I really haven't picked up another guitar for the last two weeks. It has a TON of sounds...The pickups are hotter than a standard JM - I would say very P-90ish...I'm loving the trem on this thing too. Do yourself a favor and try one of these things out. I got mine for $700...

2. A440

A440 Silver Supporting Member

yep, I tried one recently

nice axe !

3. Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow Member

I've got a question for you- I've tried two different Mexican Jazzmasters at Guitar Center, and while both seemed to be excellent build quality, the bridges on both were screwed down as low as possible, yet each one felt like the strings were still too high off the fretboard.

Does yours have any room for adjustment at the bridge? Does it seem like you could adjust it until the strings were very, very low?

I ask because when it comes to a Jazzmaster set-up, I like heavy string that are just about touching the fretboard.

4. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

I tried one over the weekend and loved it. Found it to sound a lot better--and more like a "real" Jazzmaster--than the Japanese ones I've played recently, including one with Lollars. Felt really good, too (although the Japanese ones felt great).

5. jlullo

jlullo Member

i've tried one of these also and absolutely loved it. I'm trying to gather the cash to buy one myself!