Just bought a new Fender Bassman 59 LTD!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by zoemunchkinpro, Mar 11, 2006.

1. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

I just bought a new Fender Bassman 59 LTD !!!! the sound is so live and amazing! Sounds so unbelievable right out of the box...I haven't even used my pedals with it yet... and don't even miss the reverb...the pine cab gives it a natural resonance...it definately is like SRV and Hendrix in a box...but so much more...
    For years I have been a die hard Boogie fan...with an original Mark I and a Mark IV ... I have never liked playing through anything else...and then I discovered this amp and it took my breath away...so natural and organic sounding...beautiful natural tone...and the price is so reasonable... I still love my Boogies and will never part with them but the Bassman 59 LTD adds another dimension and is a new permanent member of my family!!!!!!!!

2. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Member

Me too, yesterday and I totally agree with you.........great match with a
    Dr Z Maz 18 jr nr that I also own. The LTD sounds awesome with both my Eric Johnson Strat and a PRS McCarty. The LTD is ALOT better than the standard RI that I auditioned a few years ago before it went to the tube rectifier. You are also correct concerning reverb and yes the cabinet is indeed very woody sounding. You failed to mention how pick sensitive the LTD is also. As you stated, it is phenominal right out of the box...........wait until the speakers break in!!

Happy listening!!:JAM

3. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

Yeah ...I just stopped playing it ...it is pretty unbelievable...what a great amp ! I can't believe it doesn't cost more then it does...I'm so happy with it ... I was going to get a Deville but I'm glad I got the Bassman LTD instead... I just want to keep on playing through it ... how long does it usually take to break the speakers in ? Man if they sounded any better I don't know how I could stand it ...

4. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Member

I've heard 200 hours or so...........not sure. They will most likely tame down a bit from what I've read...........smooth them out.

:BEER

5. MesieBooga

MesieBooga Member

yea I have one too that I just got. GC said it was a Relic as I was paying for it- I thought it was a used amp! ....I bought it for the tone!

6. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

What makes the LTD different from the stock Bassman?

7. LeftyLang

LeftyLang Member

The Ltd has a lacquered tweed finger jointed pine cab,original spec 5AR4 rectifier, improved 12ax7 tubes and a bias pot. Makes for a great production amp!!

8. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

What's the street price?

I second that T Bone motion.

9. LeftyLang

LeftyLang Member

10. studio8000

studio8000 Member

GC has the limited production Bassman LTD Relic's. they're priced a bit higher than the standard LTD's, but not too much higher... and they'll be a limited number of them so perhaps an investment? eitherway, they're the same amp and sound the same. they have a great sound!

11. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

I played one at the local GC...Very nice. They have 4 of them 2 brand new, one relic and a used one that is mint for $850 ish. I still can't get the used one out of my head it sounded so good with the EJ I have. I so do not need an amp like that.

I would love to try my Maz JR head with the pine cab, and Jensens....:dude

12. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

I love this amp ...it just keeps drawing me to play it ...its all about the tone ...unbelievable...I can't wait to gig with this baby!!!!!!

13. Tankguy

Tankguy Member

zoemunhkinpro,

Congrats! I ordered one a few weeks ago and I am going nuts waiting for the thing to get here. I hope that the amp lives up to all of the accolades it has received from owners. Should be in this week some time. My detailed review to follow.

Tank

14. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

All things considered, many players feel that the 4X10 Bassman is the best guitar amp ever made....and I agree. A virtual wall of tone in a relatively lightweight package that sounds great at either den or gigging volume :AOK.

15. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

I don't see how you could not like it... It just has such a beautiful tone and vibe to it... What kind of music do you play ?

16. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

The sound is just so AMAZING !!! It really lets you hear your guitar's tone ...alot of amps seem to sound so much like electronics and not as much the true tone of the guitar...It is so natural and organic sounding...It just makes me want to play and play...the vibe is so unreal!!!

17. Tankguy

Tankguy Member

Mostly blues/rock stuff. I have jammed on the original 59 reissue, but have only test driven the LTDs in the store at store volume.

18. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

Cool hope you get yours soon... I'm sure you're gonna love it!!

19. LeftyLang

LeftyLang Member

Funny thing is....a lot of gear hounds put down the RI Jensen P10R speakers, but I think they sound great in the Bassman LTD. They even sound better after they are broken in!!!

20. iplaydirty

iplaydirty Member

I too am a proud owner of one of these amps...

I use it for my band and at the church where I paly I use a 73 fender twin...

I like the bassman a lot, more than the twin even... however i do know miss the reverb. I too thought when i first got the amp, "wow I will never miss reverb with this great of tone!" but now i do. good ness is you can always add verb in "the mix"

Funny you mention the speakers lefty.... I have been thinking about changing mine out for the past couple weeks (though I have no idea what to yet) I like the way the amp sounds clean but just not the way it sounds overdriven. Sounds a little harsh in the high end to my ears. I think I would like it more smooth and bell like. Perhaps new tubes would help too.

all in all I still think right out of the box this is one of the best production amps on the market. I have never been as pleased to play through an amp as I am playing through this one - esplecially with the neck pu of a slighly pushed strat. mmmmmmmmmmm I am also glad not a lot of players around my area have them (in fact the same one has sat i GC for at least a year) so I am always the unique one at the gig which feels nice.

Good choice on this pick of the hot rod diville I too thought about getting one of those first... however I couldn't get myself to save money by purchasing an amp that only has 85% of the tone and to bad drive channels (bad to my ears at least).