Just bought a Peavey Classic 50 410. OMG!!!

dmarkj22

Bought it off Craig's list this past weekend and all I can say is, WOW!!! This is a great amp. The tone this thing produces is really really nice. I only paid $400 for it and it's in great condition. I am so satisfied with my purchase.

james...

Silver Supporting Member
I always say this and a lot of people I know will agree.

The Peavey Classics sound just as good if not better than any el84 amp no matter the cost. They can go toe to toe with all the boutique stuff and hold their own. You won't get any exact vintage tones out of one, but if you want that go buy an old vox.

grizdeluxe

Ive owned a 212 and a 410 Classic 50. Loved the 410. Great blues amp, but could take a pedal pretty well for classic rock.

Elmer

hell is chrome
Congrats! I loved the way the Classic 50 410 I used to have sounded, but hated having to take it anywhere. My old-n-cranky back doesn't like having to load out anything more substantial than a 1x12 these days... :)

Guitar Dave T

Had one back in the 90's - incredibly sweet, articulate and touch sensitive. Actually liked as much as my blackface Super Reverbs, but for different reasons. Kind of had Vox meets vintage Marshall vibe.

Didn't like it's weight though. Heavier than a Super.

dmarkj22

I'm having so much fun learning how to dial it in to get different sounds out of it. I love the clean channel AND the overdrive channel. Sweet, warm, rich tone from both!! I love playing my Strat though it. The single coils along with the rich, lush reverb sound absolutely beautiful.

P.S. Since many mention how difficult it is to deal with the weight of this amp let me mention that I picked up a Magna Cart folding handtruck at Costco this week for only 20 bucks and it fits perfectly on it. It is a well designed and very sturdy piece of machinery that I intend to use to lug around my Classic 50 410.

guitarnut

a classic 50 410 was my first decent amp. i still think back to it. was an absolutely killer sounding amp. in the ten or so amps i've had since it hangs with the best of em.

Trending Topics