Just Bought A Timmy!

rastaman

I just bought a Timmy off a Fellow GPer and I can't wait to get it! What should I expect? I play Gibson guitars with HB's into Marshalls and a Mesa.

jbert

you may or may not already know this but i find it responds differently depending on the variables used. ie i have different settings on the pedal for my strat than my les paul jr with a lollar p90. this is mosty likely due to output differences in the pickups. i unfortunately found this out on stage. when i plugged in the jr i damn near crapped my pants. my speakers in my tweed twin sounded like they went from innies to outties. your pedal chain/sequence as you might expect also affects the outcome. good luck. awesome pedal.

gtrshow

I resisted the urge for a Timmy for the longest time. Finally caved just after Christmas and couldn't be happier that I did. It's everything I hoped it would be. Not many pedals you can say that about...

You'll be delighted. The best bit about the Timmy is that even if you don't dig what you hear when you turn up the gain knob, you could always just use it as a boost with fantastic eq options.

hbentley

yeah, i've had a timmy on board for a while now...great pedal. the treble and bass eq take a bit of getting used to, but there's hardly a bad sound in the pedal.

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
You should expect to use those cut controls.

That's the secret to the Timmy. Don't be scared to use the cut controls in accordance with where you have the gain set.

HBob

my speakers in my tweed twin sounded like they went from innies to outties.
LOL!

Great pedal. I think the treble is voiced a little higher than most pedals so it has a nice sparkle to it. I think it has a Fender Blackface vibe to it that's very cool. Plays well with other pedals too.

rastaman

Well I'm always late for the party but it sounds like I made a good choice. I'll definately check out the manual and try and learn how to tweak it. Thanks guys!

blackba

I just got put on the list, luckily the wait is much less than it used to be. I hope it works with my Vox amps....

Grant Ferstat

I just got put on the list, luckily the wait is much less than it used to be. I hope it works with my Vox amps....
Works great with Vox amps.

The Timmy has been my fave low gain boost/OD with an AC30 for the last few years. It is one of the few pedals that doesn't obscure the mids.

rul8agn

Supporting Member
I just bought a Timmy from a TGP member as well. I'll be using it as listed in my sig. Actually, I just bought a POG from a TGP member, too. Man, I'm addicted!

rastaman

I just got it today and tried it with a SG into a JCM800 4010 w/ a Classic Lead 80. I think the pedal makes the amp sound better for sure, but, I'm surprised at how subtle of a difference it is. It is definately a step in the "my amp cranked" direction but not as much of a boost I guess as I thought. I had the preamp gain cranked on the amp and the master on about 5. I'll try to lower the gain next go round.

blackba

I just got it today and tried it with a SG into a JCM800 4010 w/ a Classic Lead 80. I think the pedal makes the amp sound better for sure, but, I'm surprised at how subtle of a difference it is. It is definately a step in the "my amp cranked" direction but not as much of a boost I guess as I thought. I had the preamp gain cranked on the amp and the master on about 5. I'll try to lower the gain next go round.
So is it transparent like a Klon type pedal?

Grant Ferstat

So is it transparent like a Klon type pedal?
Very different to a Klon. I love my Klon but I've never thought of my Klon as being that transparent actually. The TIM and Timmy can be much more neutral IMO.

TIM or Timmy plus a Klon is a great combo btw!

Trending Topics