Just Bought An Eternity (Again)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Marc Roy, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Lovepedal Eternity again. I had bought one last year, but thought it didn't do it for me at the time. I just have a hunch that it might work well with my Suhr Strat and Dr. Z Maz. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see. It wasn't bad the first time around. Maybe I hadn't given it enough time to get used to it. I'm also getting some Suhr DSV pickups installed in my PRS, and this should get me a nice, vintage crunchy tone (hopefully).

I noticed Boutique Tone had them in stock. Worse comes to worse, I can most likely return it.

2. Philly Fuzz

Philly Fuzz Member

I just bought one too, but for the first time! A lot of money to spend, but the demos of it just sound really good. I need a change from my RAT which I like, but want more of an amp/OD sound...but with some added grit/gain.

Hopefully this will work for me, 'cause I can't spend any more money right now!! lol.

Should get it tomorrow or Thursday. Cheers! :BEER

3. mr. stanley

mr. stanley Member

I love mine! I hope it works out for you the 2nd time around!!

4. Axe-maniac

Axe-maniac Member

Had two, sold two. I really tried but they just don't do it for me.

5. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I played the new silver E last week for the first time and I really liked it a lot. I haven't played any of the other E's, but I would be plenty happy playing that one! I'm going to get one soon, just not 100% sure which one-- too many frickin' choices.

6. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

What's the deal with the silver Eternity? That's the one I bought . The Eternity I had was black with brown knobs. Is there much difference?

7. Dandy13

Dandy13 Member

I kind of miss mine. I don't have room for it on my board these days but it is one pedal i can see myself buying a second time.

8. Andre357

Andre357 Member

They all sound good IMHO. I've had a burst, old handwired, and more recently just the stock black " SMD "version on his webpage - thats the one that sounded the best to me - so the others are gone....

They all sound great with subtle differences IMO...

9. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I went through the same thing. I had the white one with black lovepedal label and sold it. Then I bought two different bursts, each different in tone. I eventually sold them both and have stuck with my Landgraff and BJF LGW. I loved the lead tones, but I needed more bottom end for rhythm.

10. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I'm in the same camp as CB. I sold my E and got a MP LGW (actually I kind of followed his lead). I dug the Eternity but also noticed a loss in the low end. The LGW is giving me a much fuller and fatter tone and I really like the range of OD it gives from clean boost to a nice hairy overdrive.
    I must admit to being somewhat confused about all the different E's that are out there as well and wondering which one was better for my rig than another so I just jumped ship completely.

11. WailinGuy

WailinGuy Member

Yep, that's why I sold my handwired Roadhouse. Not enough bass and an overall thin tone. Too bad, because it had some nice qualities, including some nice harmonic grind going on.

12. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Yeah, the bass issue can matter if you have a bass heavy rig. But for me with my Vox style amps, the bass isn't real hyped so the Eternity gives basically a unity EQ when engaged. More proof that pedals are pretty amp dependent.

13. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

I just got it this morning, and after playing with it for a while (at healthy volumes too), I know why I sold my first one. What's weird is that my first one had a lot more low end then this one. I`m returning it to the store. I`ll stick with my Pearl Drive (it hasn`t disappointed me yet). Oh well, lesson learned I guess.

14. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Another plug for the Mad Professor LGW. I think you'd be quite happy with the low end on this pedal. I sold my E and bought the LGW and have not looked back once.

15. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

I've heard good things about it. Might check it out one of these days. Honestly though, I'll just stick with what I have. I've gotten two pedals in the past two weeks and both sent them back. If that isn't a sign that my rig sounds good right now, I don't know what is....

16. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I'm not really sure what you mean. With a bass-heavy rig it may not be an issue, it is with a neutral eq'd amp where the E seems a little cut in the bass. Not horrendous, by an means, I just prefer the bass response of the LGW and LDO more.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  17. Sandro

Sandro Member

I used the AM FF>E>DRRI and is great combination not complain at all.

Sandro