• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Just bought an FTR37 head. Any advice on picking the right cab??

hbentley

Title pretty much says it all. I just bought an FTR37 an am looking for the right cab. I sold my cabs last year because I'd been playing combos, so I'm starting clean right now. Should I just go for the stock cab (h30 and blue) or go for another brand or speaker choice all together. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks guys!!

DerekMinnich

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely use a D13 cab. I had a Jenkins Sound Shop cabinet when I first got mine...and there was WAY TOO MUCH BASS! It was unreal and unusable.

With Fred's it is much better.

In my opinion the FTR 37 has too much bottom (for me). It always stays firm though and sounds great clean, but it just sounded terrible with the 2x12 I had and I didn't have that problem with any other amplifiers.

Congrats though, it is a great amp.

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
You should probably dig the stock cab for slight breakup. For anything moderately crunchy on up to high gain, I like closed cabs better.

But open cabs are nice for clans and mild crunch...

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
P.S. I really like my /13 closed 2-12" with golds. Sounds GREAT with my 37. But I have a stock cab as well.

GoodGAS

Silver Supporting Member
Hey I'm in Dallas...
IMO the only way to go is Fred's 2x12 with the floating baffle and mix of blue and G12H spkrs...absolute magic.
BTW...if you'd like to hear this cab compared to his 2x12 with the fixed baffle I have both...and my /13 4x12 is up at Charleys...send me a pm.

KennyM

Silver Supporting Member
Don't consider anything else. Get the D13 open back with a Blue and G12H30.

rustolium

P.S. I really like my /13 closed 2-12" with golds. Sounds GREAT with my 37. But I have a stock cab as well.
I'll second this one. My /13 2X12 loaded with Golds and closed back kills with the FTR 37. I ran with the stock cab as well and that is sweet too. Sounds slick into a 4X12 loaded with GBs as well. Sorry, that probably didn't help much.

blondeorphan

How does the G12H30 sound different compared to the Blue? I've played my tele through one that was in a friends matching JRT 9/15 cab 1x12 cab and wasn't blown away by it - it sounded warm and like it had a bit more headroom than the blues do but without as much treble/texture frequencies as the blue does.

Trending Topics