Just bought an iPad - what music/guitar apps should I get!

mikeowen17

As the title says - just about to go pick up an iPad and was wondering what you guys are using.

I guess I am primarily interested in music/guitar apps (I have an apogee jam for connectivity) - but I'd also love to know what other apps you guys are diggin!

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely GarageBand. It has amp and effects sims, multi-track recording, a tuner, drum machine, etc... I also really like Worship Band In Hand (if you are a church musician by any chance).

Dana-L

Silver Supporting Member
I highly recommend Amplitube.

I started with the free versions (which are cool in their own right) and upgraded to the full editions shortly thereafter.

Great stuff!

-Dana

You looking for apps to use just around the house plugging in a guitar or are you looking for music apps to use live?

germs

well, apparently i purchased Songster a few years back and forgot about it.

$20, but it's a fairly comprehensive dictionary for song learning etc.

stratele

Find myself using this gadget more and more these days.
User friendly and sound/video quality is pretty good.
Cooked up this demo starring my dog!

mikeowen17

You looking for apps to use just around the house plugging in a guitar or are you looking for music apps to use live?

For the most part it will be used around the house - though I wouldn't rule out taking it to a gig.

One of the main things of like is if I could have tab on the screen at the same time as hearing my guitar and a song - that is the main way I learn songs for my bands - anyone know of any way to do that?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom