• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Just bought an iPad - what music/guitar apps should I get!

mikeowen17

As the title says - just about to go pick up an iPad and was wondering what you guys are using.

I guess I am primarily interested in music/guitar apps (I have an apogee jam for connectivity) - but I'd also love to know what other apps you guys are diggin!

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely GarageBand. It has amp and effects sims, multi-track recording, a tuner, drum machine, etc... I also really like Worship Band In Hand (if you are a church musician by any chance).

Dana-L

Silver Supporting Member
I highly recommend Amplitube.

I started with the free versions (which are cool in their own right) and upgraded to the full editions shortly thereafter.

Great stuff!

-Dana

You looking for apps to use just around the house plugging in a guitar or are you looking for music apps to use live?

germs

well, apparently i purchased Songster a few years back and forgot about it.

$20, but it's a fairly comprehensive dictionary for song learning etc.

stratele

Find myself using this gadget more and more these days.
User friendly and sound/video quality is pretty good.
Cooked up this demo starring my dog!

mikeowen17

You looking for apps to use just around the house plugging in a guitar or are you looking for music apps to use live?
For the most part it will be used around the house - though I wouldn't rule out taking it to a gig.

One of the main things of like is if I could have tab on the screen at the same time as hearing my guitar and a song - that is the main way I learn songs for my bands - anyone know of any way to do that?

Trending Topics