• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Just bought my first Bogner!

v75swd

1zozxhc.jpg
Well, it showed up on Friday, I had a little time with it Friday afternoon, then last night I took it out to a gig and sat in with a friend's band. It was amazing! What a great tone! Cleans were CLEAN, I wasn't sure about the blue channel when messing around at home, but found myself hanging on that most of the night and sometimes soloing with the red channel. What a beast! It sounded great with my Orange 212 loaded with the WGS Invaders, (50 watt GB's), but I am going to swap them back out for the V30's just to hear the difference. I heard the Ecstacy voice was designed using the V30's. Overall, so far so good, what a quality piece of gear, I am very grateful to be able to own it. I look forward to many years of enjoyment. I was going to add a picture, not sure how to do that? Anyway, amp friggin ROCKS!!

Last edited:

DiPa

Constant GAS
Awesome and congrats! I've got one too and its been here to stay since '04. Amazing tone
Had my 101B since 2001.
I was playing mine last week and I am finding more love on the Class A mode vs Class A/B. How are others finding these two modes?

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
Had my 101B since 2001.
I was playing mine last week and I am finding more love on the Class A mode vs Class A/B. How are others finding these two modes?
Mine doesn't have the Class A mode. I've played that mode on other XTC's and kind of liked it. A/B is more my sound though as far of the voice of the overdrive

DiPa

Constant GAS
Mine doesn't have the Class A mode. I've played that mode on other XTC's and kind of liked it. A/B is more my sound though as far of the voice of the overdrive
Yeah, nice chime cleans on the Class A and lots of Plexi on Class A/B.

v75swd

Thanks for the help with the pics, here it is! Played it out on a gig last Saturday, it was tonal bliss!
1zozxhc.jpg

DiPa

Constant GAS
Nice amp, congrats!
I have had mine since 2001. Never parted with it. It has the Class A/B and a Class A switch modes. I use both modes and really cool.
It takes a little to get familiar with the amp, there is so much in it.
Now the cabs are out of this earth, these old cabs from Bogner made way back in 2000 are just killer cabs, I use mine with other amps as well.
2epm4nd.jpg

v75swd

Man I'm loving the amp! The Orange 212 cab w/ V30's sounds really good. I bet the Bogner cabs sounds amazing!!

Vai81

The 101b volumes need to be at least 9 of 10 o'clock to bring the goods. A phenomenal amp indeed! To me, it manages to get a smoothish yet aggressive tone

v75swd

The 101b volumes need to be at least 9 of 10 o'clock to bring the goods. A phenomenal amp indeed! To me, it manages to get a smoothish yet aggressive tone

I've had my amp for about 6 or 7 months now. I've been running it on half power since I got it. Today I was screwing around and for the heck of it, set it back to full power..... whoa BABY! Full, fat, punchy and aggressive! I think I'll hang there for awhile.
Question: With all my other amps prior to this one, I've run a clean boost in the effects loop and used that for a solo boost. For some reason the Bogner doesn't like this, it just sounds weird, grainy and even compressed. Instead I've been turning the effects loop ON, setting the overall volume of the loop up just above that of the channel volumes and been using that for a boost. Seems to work OK, other than now if I want a delay on, but not at solo volume, I need to back my guitar volume down. What do you guys do for a clean solo boost with these amps? I use the BOOST on the footpedal as another OD variation, not enough volume boost for a solo to stick out on top of the mix.
Thanks

draelyc

My first Bogner was a EL34 silver chassis Shiva, still have and love it. Next up was the 20th 101B...what a great amp! Will never part with either of them. Congrats!

Mine, too. So far, my only Bogner, but from what I've read and clips I've heard, the XTC Classic might could be my dream amp. Definitely want to check one out, but not till I've got more padding in the bank account!

OP -- congratulations! Looking forward to reviews and clips! :)

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
It took me 15 years to finally get my 101B. Mine is a 2001....absolutely love the amp and everything about it. Currently running mine through a Bogner 212CB with Creamback 65s.

B Money

I've had my amp for about 6 or 7 months now. I've been running it on half power since I got it. Today I was screwing around and for the heck of it, set it back to full power..... whoa BABY! Full, fat, punchy and aggressive! I think I'll hang there for awhile.
Question: With all my other amps prior to this one, I've run a clean boost in the effects loop and used that for a solo boost. For some reason the Bogner doesn't like this, it just sounds weird, grainy and even compressed. Instead I've been turning the effects loop ON, setting the overall volume of the loop up just above that of the channel volumes and been using that for a boost. Seems to work OK, other than now if I want a delay on, but not at solo volume, I need to back my guitar volume down. What do you guys do for a clean solo boost with these amps? I use the BOOST on the footpedal as another OD variation, not enough volume boost for a solo to stick out on top of the mix.
Thanks

I leave mine set to full power all the time. It's so punchy that way.
When I used mine live, I used the red channel as my solo boost. I tried the effects loop level trick, but mine makes a loud pop noise when I engage the loop so it wasn't useful live. As you discovered, the onboard boost is a gain boost only, doesn't really help much for volume.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom