Just came home with a Seagull S6 Original

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by J.T., Feb 20, 2012.

1. J.T.

J.T. Supporting Member

Went to GC yesterday to check out what all the fuss was about Seagulls as i am in the market for a cheap guitar for gigging to avoid taking out my OM-21. Played about 5 models and the s6 impressed me the most and i'm not really a dread guy and wanted to like the mini jumbo. Went back today asked them to bring out a new S6 to A/B against the floor model i liked and they were two completely different sounding instruments. The floor model had more bottom , volume , sustain , and an overall piano like quality to it. Was also on sale from $399 to $335 :). Took it right to rehearsal and put it through the paces. What a great sounding inexpensive guitar. Now for a setup ,a new set of strings ,and a K&K mini PU.

2. mullytron

mullytron Supporting Member

I've been a big Seagull fan all along. Amazing bargain for the quality. The little ones are cool too.

3. boppstar

boppstar Member

Just traded away one of my high end Guilds - have been considering replacing with a Seagull due to the price. I want something I am not spaz over while playing live...

4. Wake911

Wake911 Member

i've had my Seagull S6 for 12 years. It's aged beautifully, and sounds better every year. Love it.

I need to either buy a new one with pickup, or figure out a pickup to put in it so I can play it live though....

5. nealpolitan

nealpolitan Member

I was just at my local Music-Go-Round and they had a batch of scratch and dent Seagulls straight from the factory. They were blowing them out at crazy prices. I picked up an S6 Original Q1 (with the Godin Q1 preamp/pickup) for $160 out the door. The only thing wrong was a healty ding on the edge of the body of the type I likely would have put on it within a few months anyhow. I played it just out of curiousity and couldn't leave without it. These are great guitars at $400 and crazy-go-nuts-great at $160.

6. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

I bought a used S6 a couple years ago aand think its great. Got it at a good price. Mine is the S6 Slim model with the slimmer nut width.