• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Just changed my speaker to a 72 Rola Celestion, WOW!

kimos55

Follow your dreams turst your heart
Gold Supporting Member
I am always trying to improve my sound and get the best tone out of my amps.

I started playing a few small gigs with 2 Blues Jr's . Last Sunday I played with a louder band in a bigger club and I noticed that they were a bit mid-range box sounding cranked up.

Yesterday I pulled the speakers out and put in a 1972 Celestion Rola in one and a Vintage 30 Celestion in the other amp.
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW what a difference the speaker made. I did an A /B comparison and the difference is incredible. 1972 ROLA kicks ass. What is your experiences with swapping speakers and what else can i put in to replace the vintage 30?

sonofspy

I am always trying to improve my sound and get the best tone out of my amps.

I started playing a few small gigs with 2 Blues Jr's . Last Sunday I played with a louder band in a bigger club and I noticed that they were a bit mid-range box sounding cranked up.

Yesterday I pulled the speakers out and put in a 1972 Celestion Rola in one and a Vintage 30 Celestion in the other amp.
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW what a difference the speaker made. I did an A /B comparison and the difference is incredible. 1972 ROLA kicks ass. What is your experiences with swapping speakers and what else can i put in to replace the vintage 30?

I've heard that the Rajun Cajuns are really good...I play a pair of Pro Jrs myself one with the stock speaker and the other with a Jensen Alnico so smooooooooth that one.

kimos55

Follow your dreams turst your heart
Gold Supporting Member
I've heard that the Rajun Cajuns are really good...I play a pair of Pro Jrs myself one with the stock speaker and the other with a Jensen Alnico so smooooooooth that one.

I know I have been using Deluxe amps forever, I just thought about all the loading and unloading and the weight of the amps, I was a bit nervous at first doing a gig with the Blues Jr's but there great little amps!

sonofspy

Sold my Seymour Duncan convertible 100w and my Laney LC50III...one amp in each hand balanced and light :) Plus U and I can turn up and let the amps natural OD kick in... Priceless!

scott944

I didn't think speakers were a big part of my tone equation, since I play at low volume levels. Boy, was I wrong! Lucked into a mismatched pair of WGS speakers on a FB buy/sell/trade site for cheap ($90 for the pair). One Reaper, one Veteran 30. Plugged them into my 2x12, replacing a pair of Eminence cheapies. Wow. The ice-picky trebles that I had been trying to tune out by other means were gone. I later picked up a Marshall 1965 4x10 that I thought would be better still - nope. I was surprised at how different each setup sounded, with nothing else being changed.

sixty2strat

I have 5 4x12 cabs loaded with gray backs, black, green ri , t652 alnico ri and G12c. Same head and swap a cab and the difference is VERY noticeable