Just completed an EA Tremolo pedal build!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Deaj, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

I just finished building a Tremolo pedal using the modified EA Tremolo schematic at Runoffgroove.com. I mostly followed their layout though I moved a few components and mounted some resistors vertically to make the perf-board fit neatly into a Hammond 1590B enclosure. It sounds fantastic!!

Aside from a brief false start (wired in LED with polarity reversed - oops) it was a straightforward build with no hiccups. The only thing left to do is swap the current input jack out for a stereo jack and hook up the negative lead for the battery terminal. I ran out of stereo jacks and the new ones haven't arrived yet so I used a switching jack I had lying around as a stand-in to test the pedal. The bright blue LED pulses in sync with the tremolo rate when the pedal is on. Very cool!

Here are some pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too much fun!! :BOUNCE

2. auratnik

auratnik Member

Congratulations, great build!!!

3. Deaj

Thanks! I'm enjoying it a lot. :)

4. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

I don't suppose you've tried the GGG build. I'd like to know how the mosfet compares to the fet/transister version.

5. Deaj

I haven't myself. My only experience with a GGG kit is the ITS8 w/L'DO mods. That one is on my board to stay. I'd be interested in hearing about the GGG tremolo kit from someone who has built one.