• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Just curious, how many players own a Peavey Classic 30?

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
I bought one about 6 years ago right b4 they went to china.
I find CH1 annoyingly bright.

Has a useable distortion channel and i use that most of the time.

I did replace the original tubes with
JJ SRV set. The original power tubes didn't last 10 days so i figured just replace the whole set.

Could have had replaced it under warranty but chose not to deal with the hassle.

I wont ever sell it.

Flyin' Brian

Silver Supporting Member
Still have one. I've gigged indoors with it and outdoors miked.
It's very useful and dependable amp.

Alejandro

Silver Supporting Member
Had a C30 many years, finally sold it and bought a Fender Princeton. Like it more

5150user

I own a Chinese made Classic 30, with a Stephens Tru Sonic speaker in it. I've owned it for 40 months now. I purchased it in November of 2017, from a dealer in New York.

I have used it straight Clean, without the Boost engaged; as a pedal platform. I have also done the same thing, with the Boost always on. I have run the amp's Gain channel, both with and without the Boost engaged.

I have pushed the amp's input with several different OD pedals, individually. I have also stacked Gain pedals before the input. I have used single coil, and humbucker equipped guitars with this amp.

On any given day, my opinion of the Classic 30 varies; from it sounds pretty good, to it sounds pretty darn good. Different volumes, different guitars, etc. With and without fermented beverages.

I have never been able to say, "This is good enough. I don't need a better amp." My wife and my wallet both wish I could embrace that idea, but in the back of my mind I don't.

Wyatt Martin

I own a Chinese made Classic 30, with a Stephens Tru Sonic speaker in it. I've owned it for 40 months now. I purchased it in November of 2017, from a dealer in New York.

I have used it straight Clean, without the Boost engaged; as a pedal platform. I have also done the same thing, with the Boost always on. I have run the amp's Gain channel, both with and without the Boost engaged.

I have pushed the amp's input with several different OD pedals, individually. I have also stacked Gain pedals before the input. I have used single coil, and humbucker equipped guitars with this amp.

On any given day, my opinion of the Classic 30 varies; from it sounds pretty good, to it sounds pretty darn good. Different volumes, different guitars, etc. With and without fermented beverages.

I have never been able to say, "This is good enough. I don't need a better amp." My wife and my wallet both wish I could embrace that idea, but in the back of my mind I don't.
I think they're still a good amp. The PV Classic series will have been in production for 30 years this year and the new has worn off for quite sometime now considering what all has came and went in that time.

When I think back to when a lot of guitar forums first started back in the late 90s, early 2000s there were daily threads about PV Classic 30s. Now months go by without them being mentioned but I still think they are better than most of what's out there under $1000.

I feel like they are a performance amp more than I consider it to be a at home practice amp. When I get mine to band practice/gig volume I am always quite pleased with what I am hearing.

guitarman3001

Also; if you have gigged with it both indoors and outdoors, what were your thoughts? Are there any other amps you would compare it to, tone-wise?
I don't own one right now but I owned one for a couple of years. Played plenty of gigs with it indoors and outdoors. At the time we were only using the PA for vocals and kick drum so I relied on the C30 to fill the room. It was ok for indoors but very very underpowered for outdoor gigs. In hindsight I was never really blown away by it but it got the job done at the time.

Trending Topics