• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Just discovered Tisziji Munoz...looking for other recommendations

Billyzoom1

Gold Supporting Member
I just discovered Tisziji Munoz based on a offhand comment someone here left on a thread. What a guitarist. Very unusual phrasing and playing, and I tend to like players like this who seem, well, INTERESTING...a little off the beaten path, kind of following their own muse. Kind of like when I first heard Thelonious Monk...his funky, disjointed rhythms and such just floored me. Same with Frank Zappa's guitar playing...uniquely him.

Tisziji only plays single lines apparently, and had some sort of injury that influenced his technique. Definitely seems to have an unusual picking style. But it's his phrasing and kind of dissonance at times that I especially like. And he's playing jazz through a distorted Mesa Boogie.

He's also a very spiritually minded dude...he's some sort of teacher I guess...I find that interesting too, albeit perhaps a little out there for some.

I thought I'd post him here and perhaps turn someone else on to him. I'd also love to hear if any of you have other suggestions for guitarists (or other musicians) you think I'd perhaps enjoy. Jazz oriented is nice, but not necessary. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
A beautiful cut. I saw this band a couple years ago. Impressive music. Immersive and spiritual in a way I didn't really expect.

Billyzoom1

Gold Supporting Member
Sonny Sharrock is in a similar vibe... try the cd ASK THE AGES
Brandon Ross... try any of the Harriet Tubman cds like THE TERROR END of BEAUTY
Brandon Seabrook... try Plainville
Marc Ribot... try SAINTS
Thank you!

Trending Topics