• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Just for Fun - how many of you leave your plastic screen covers on pedals/multi-effects?

What do you do with the plastic screen covers on pedals/multi-effects?

• I leave it on until my first gig/rehearsal/time using it in public.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I leave it on unless I want to sell it, in which case I take it off so the screen looks brand-new.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crambone

Title says it all, poll options below. Before some wet blanket comes in here to ask why I am posting a thread about a topic like this, remember this is TGP - a place where we argue about picks, capos, music stands on stage and tan pants. In other words,

Big in Japan

Silver Supporting Member
I still haven't removed the protective plastic from the pickguard of my Telecaster that I bought almost 20-years ago. So yeah, I'm a "never take the plastic off the pedals" kind of guy.

Abram4235

Silver Supporting Member
"I leave it on until the plastic is bubbled-up & peeling, then take it off becuase it looks nasty."

Reminded me of....

0:50

FokenBusker

I leave them on until they become too visible. Especially with screens. Initially they seem to help keep the screen "viewable" by keeping dust and scratches away, but as the film itself becomes worn, it becomes an obstacle to my visibility, and so then I'll remove it.

crambone

I leave them on until they become too visible. Especially with screens. Initially they seem to help keep the screen "viewable" by keeping dust and scratches away, but as the film itself becomes worn, it becomes an obstacle to my visibility, and so then I'll remove it.
This is my opinion, too. I leave it on until it hinders the operation of the pedal/unit.

For reference I still have it on my Helix screen and I've owned that for almost 3 years now.

Multicellular

Its amazing how strong some of them are.

I'm in the '....then take it off because it looks nasty' group but that's in part because I can't see them sometimes,* but ya, some I find on things I've had for years before my nail or shoe or something scratches them.

*I have sound > sight synesthesia and unless it is dead quiet, I have trouble seeing translucent things.

Abram4235

Silver Supporting Member
Sometimes I dont even notice it has a plastic thing on it until it starts peeling off years later.

Bogner

All the flippers keep it on so they can play it for a year in their room and still sell it for new minus PayPal fees, plus shipping, because it is dead mint. ;)

Sacrifice

I leave it and let it do it's protective thing as long as it can, or until the crinkly edges and bubbles drive me crazy, whichever comes first.

Honestly, the only thing left with that plastic still on it is a Yamaha Pacifica that I grabbed from a thrift shop. I give it another month, already starting to drive me nuts.

4b454e

Platinum Supporting Member
I leave it on until the plastic is bubbled-up & peeling, then take it off because it looks nasty.

Not least because the screen looks sooo nice after finally peeling it off. Like a second life :)

eyeball987

My OCD won't let me take off the plastic until it becomes a problem as stated by a few others. It doesn't come off when it starts to become a problem however. It has to have created a problem before I peel it off.

Cgkindler

I leave mine on - I figure it's an extra layer of protection against scratches..

That said - if I'm having a rough day...man, oh man, does it feel FANTASTIC to peel that off and see the screen being as clean and fresh as it will EVER be again!!

Tootone

You missed an option...

Leave it on forever because you can't be arsed to take it off.

Thats me. I only noticed it on my Strymons just when I read this. And... I couldn't be arsed to take it off even then.

On the other hand. I sometimes wonder about guitarists who leave the pickguard plastic and sticky labels on their guitars forever.... particularly labels that say U.S.A. And the little CE label, and disposal label on the neck plate....:dunno

Wolfgangsta

Silver Supporting Member
I take it off as soon as I unbox it. The primary reason is that it bugs me to see the edges of the plastic film.

Trending Topics