• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Just give it to me straight - what is the finest Reverb pedal out there?

guitarlix

I'm a fan of all types of reverb (spring, hall, room etc.) but I guess, I should have been more specific - I'm looking for that lush, spacious expansive reverb sound that makes you want to never stop playing.

dconeill

Silver Supporting Member
What should I be considering?
As posed, this question is meaningless.

(1) There almost certainly is no "best" since there appear to be no commonly accepted criteria about what "best" means.

(2) Everyone and their dogs and cats will opine about their favorite, and assert that rtheir favorite everb is the "best". The most likely result of your question will just be a popularity poll of various pedals. But see (1).

(3) There's no mention of price. "Price is no object!", you might say. But price is always relevant. What's "best" for $100 is different than what's "best" for $10,000. Without a price range the question is nearly meaningless, even if "best" were defined. If nothing else, you'll get recommendations at an unworkably wide range of prices, giving you as much research to do as if you'd never asked the question at all.

I'm presuming that the reason you asked the question is that you're trying to narrow the field of candidates based on the opinions of others. However, the way you asked the question doesn't filter the results at all, and therefore is just about useless.

So, to ask a meaningful question, define the criteria by which you will judge a reverb. Be as specific as possible, and include what kind of music you intend to reverberate. And specify a price range.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
What do you want to do with it? What sounds/types do you want? The Meris Mercury 7 is the single best sounding reverb pedal I’ve ever played and can do a ton with two engines from real subtle room to huge modulated ambient noise. I’m admittedly a source audio fanboy and the ventris is as good as the big sky for huge superverb pedals, and their true spring is about as good as it gets, plus the edome, hall, and room are all lovely with tons of control.

LaXu

I'm a fan of all types of reverb (spring, hall, room etc.) but I guess, I should have been more specific - I'm looking for that lush, spacious expansive reverb sound that makes you want to never stop playing.
That doesn't narrow it down at all. Look at the recent "Uber reverbs 2021" thread and you will have plenty of candidates to evaluate. It's going to be a very different answer if you are mainly looking for "select a preset reverb type, tweak a bit and go" vs "let me craft my perfect reverb" as those are found in very different products.

guitarlix

What do you want to do with it? What sounds/types do you want? The Meris Mercury 7 is the single best sounding reverb pedal I’ve ever played and can do a ton with two engines from real subtle room to huge modulated ambient noise. I’m admittedly a source audio fanboy and the ventris is as good as the big sky for huge superverb pedals, and their true spring is about as good as it gets, plus the edome, hall, and room are all lovely with tons of control.
Thank you - that's perfect. Those sound like what I'm looking for. I'm going to check those out.

cosmic_rust

Gold Supporting Member
Spring reverb: Surfybear Metal, no question.

Basic but amazing reverb: Free the Tone Ambi Space. More of the classics in stereo-- spring, plate, hall, and room, plus two ambient ones for more cavernous and experimental soundscapes.

Compact verb: Dr. Scientist Mini Reverberator.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom