Just got a Gibson LP Special SL...

JJK

273875.jpg

I bought it at the shop I work at, a few days ago. It's a few years old but in literally mint condition. Great sound! It has the ebony finish and 490R and 498T pickups. Gibson only made them for a short period of time apparently. I finally have a Les Paul! :)

How come gibson can't keep their model designations consistant? The catalog specs for a Les Paul Special is for P-90s and a wraptail. You'd think they would just make up a new model name for a new variation. Don't even get me started about SG's (special, classic, etc)!
Regardless, Happy First Les Paul!

Wuchak

I have one in the natural finish that I love. How are you liking yours now that you've had it a few months?

rogwerks

the older spcls. had dot inlays!

Good looking geetar!!

I have the same one, (dot inlays) in TV yellow!

It'z my fav. guitar!

M

Member 37136

I would take one of those over a Studio or a Vintage Mahogany or pretty much any other LP. I love the flat-top look and the smaller inlays. Congrats -- now go play the hell out of it!

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
I think that LP Special SL was an exclusive sold only at Guitar Center or Musicians Friend.

franksguitar

Why did Gibson call it a "Special" very confusing designation that has nothing of the origianal characteristics? I always considered a Special with dot inlays , P90s or 100's and a bound neck since I've had a 56 TV and have a 1990 RI Special.

Rockin J

I bought one in black when MF blew them out for about $400. Installed Grover tuners and a Seth Lover in the neck. Smoothed the fret ends and its a nice little guitar for sure.

clay49

Gold Supporting Member
Thread revival here...I'm looking to get one of these...are these one-piece mahogany body guitars? What about the other LP HB Specials...are they one-piece or multiply???

Trending Topics

Top Bottom