• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Just got a Gibson LP Special SL...

JJK

I bought it at the shop I work at, a few days ago. It's a few years old but in literally mint condition. Great sound! It has the ebony finish and 490R and 498T pickups. Gibson only made them for a short period of time apparently. I finally have a Les Paul! :)

How come gibson can't keep their model designations consistant? The catalog specs for a Les Paul Special is for P-90s and a wraptail. You'd think they would just make up a new model name for a new variation. Don't even get me started about SG's (special, classic, etc)!
Regardless, Happy First Les Paul!

Wuchak

I have one in the natural finish that I love. How are you liking yours now that you've had it a few months?

rogwerks

the older spcls. had dot inlays!

Good looking geetar!!

I have the same one, (dot inlays) in TV yellow!

It'z my fav. guitar!

M

Member 37136

I would take one of those over a Studio or a Vintage Mahogany or pretty much any other LP. I love the flat-top look and the smaller inlays. Congrats -- now go play the hell out of it!

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
I think that LP Special SL was an exclusive sold only at Guitar Center or Musicians Friend.

franksguitar

Why did Gibson call it a "Special" very confusing designation that has nothing of the origianal characteristics? I always considered a Special with dot inlays , P90s or 100's and a bound neck since I've had a 56 TV and have a 1990 RI Special.

Rockin J

I bought one in black when MF blew them out for about $400. Installed Grover tuners and a Seth Lover in the neck. Smoothed the fret ends and its a nice little guitar for sure.

clay49

Gold Supporting Member
Thread revival here...I'm looking to get one of these...are these one-piece mahogany body guitars? What about the other LP HB Specials...are they one-piece or multiply???

Trending Topics