Just got a good deal on New Strobostomp!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Feb 25, 2006.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

WOW, I just picked up a brand new Stobostomp for $145.00, brand new. The guy never even took it out of the box. He already had one and bought it from Guitar Center, and as soon as he got home he sold it to me. Up to this point I've only owned the Boss TU-2, so this is going to be a big upgrade right?

Shane Pasqualla
    WeT ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.phensic.com

2. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

BIG upgrade!
    Good price.
    You'll never be able to use another tuner again, though.

3. Blueser

Blueser Member

:AOK

4. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

what's the big deal about these things anyway?

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I cannot wait, everybody is tellin me (Your guitar has never been this intune) and that I'll never be able to use another tuner. It's really important. What did you guys do the first time you started using the Strobostomp tuner? I mean, was it that much of a difference? I have been disapointed with the TU-2 latley, and have never really liked it because it seemed like I was always tunning in between songs on stage. I almost bought the Korg DT-10 and then this deal came along..

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

6. Python

Python Member

You will absolutely love it. About 6 months ago, I finally broke down and bought a StroboStomp (actually, I convinced my wife to get me one :)

It's incredible. My guitars have never been in tune like this and it's so nice. My Suhr has the Buzz Feiten Tuning System on it and there is even a mode on the StroboStomp for this. It's really amazing. I could never go back.

I remember back in high school (in about 1972) I used to be against tuners all together figuring "I didn't need no damn tuner" for my guitar. I finally got one and started really liking it (especially when things were a little too loud to tune by ear). When I graduated to the StroboStomp, it was a vast improvement from my old tuner (which I thought was pretty good until I tried the strobo out).

You won't regret getting one.

Jim

7. Unburst

Unburst Member

The big deal is they are way more accurate (20x) than say a Boss TU-2

8. trucks

trucks Member

You are not going to believe the difference! :AOK

9. diatonicdude

diatonicdude Member

I saw this on the SS forum! That's one hell of a price. Good job you saw this before the thread was deleted, as you know, the seller got a bit of a ticking off!!

I am waiting for one to be shipped. Let us know your first impressions.

BTW, I hope you are still enjoying the Zendrive. I have just received my dual A/B Zendrive (one standard, one with a tad more gain). It is fantastic!!

Cheers,

DD

10. Franklin

Franklin Member

The best tuner for sure! Make sure you take good care of the jacks 58lespaulman, they are fragile..........

11. 1968

1968 Member

nice find.. !

12. drolling

drolling Member

Yep, it's gonna change the way you hear! Get a bunch of strings and re-do the intonation on all your gits w/the Strobo when it get in!

13. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Shane,
    You are gonna love it. Be sure to check the StroboStomp website for tips on intonation (I thought I knew the best way to do it until I read posts on the Peterson site) and carefully intonate all of your axes. Then, just let the SS keep your axes perfectly in tune. IMO, nothing in the pedal format comes close!

BTW, still lovin your old RC. I still haven't turned it off!!

14. gulliver

gulliver Member

These seem to be holding their own near $200, anyone find a really good discount? Used ones are few and far between.

...or maybe we can find a dealer that will do a group buy.

15. onemind

onemind Member

Sam Ash occassionally will run a twenty off sale for tuners, regardless of brand....the SS ends up costing about 150 with the discount.

16. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I just thought being that this was a brand new - in the box - strobostomp that was only really $140.00, was the best deal I have ever seen on one of these.. Hell, there was one guy trying to sell one with a big scatch on the screen for $160.00. So I think I did good.. I can't wait to try it out and see how much better my guitars are in tune. Cheers. The best tuner I've ever had was a Sabine, and it was easy to use and did such a great job, but it wasn't a pedal. I'm very excited once again. I've bought like three new pedals latley, one is the Morning Dew EQ, the Diamond Compresser, and now the Strobostomp, and I finally got all my ducks in order. My band will be leaving for Europe in a month and a half for a four month tour. I very happy.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

17. Python

Python Member

The Sabine is what I used for years before I got the StroboStomp. The Sabine is very nice but the Strobo is significantly better.

Jim

18. cheesey

cheesey Member

so people who use a tu 2 are out of tune 20 x's moreso than peterson users? someone should tell guys like doyle bramhall about this amongst the scads of pros who use tu 2 or dt 10.

have a good tour !

19. Luke V

Luke V Member

Why did he buy it ,take it home and turn around and sell for less than he just payed? :NUTS

20. drolling

drolling Member

...getting sooo sleepy.. yawn..

Another tiresome doubter steps into the fray.. again..

Doyle's a great player, but I don"t give a flyin' fu@k how he tunes his guitar - and neither should you, unless you're his roadie..

Seriously, tho' - Have you even tried a Strobo cheesey?