Just got a Line 6 JM4 Looper

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rotren, Dec 19, 2009.

1. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
    Haven't had time to play with it yet! :hide

But it looks very promising... :)

2. Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog Silver Supporting Member

It's great for practice, I'll say that. You can also record quite a bit on it as well, 30 minutes worth.

Outside of that, I'm not fond of song/sound presets and the really awful thing about it is once it's on, you can't turn it off.

Definitely not something you'd want on a rig, but it's a great tool nonetheless.

Enjoy, and accept it for what it is...a very good practice tool, an excellent looper and a stand-alone device.

3. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    oh that sounds just great :messedup

does it tone suck as well like most Line 6 pedals.
    and whats the build quality like

4. BadMelonFarmer

BadMelonFarmer Member

The build quality is not that great, BUT it is a great practice / songwriting tool. I have it in it's amp form ... The Spider Jam. Best practise tool I have ever come across, would I want to gig with it? No! But it does not take away the fact it does what it does very well.

BTW I agree, most of the inbuilt jams are odd, but you can use what ever you like on an sd card.

Personally I tend to use the drums on their own as they are very good and then loop my own phrases for practising / jamming to.

Good little practice unit.

Cheers

BMF