• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Just got a Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne - wayyyy too much amp. What would you get?

Cgkindler

I want an amp to run in stereo with my two rock studio pro 22.

I got this amp for wwwaaaayyyy cheap, brand new. I thought, YES, and in low volume / low power (still 45 watt) it's great. Good clean, great tone. BUT the darn thing weighs a ton and is just not practical. I nEVER play venues where I'd need this much juice. The price was so good I couldn't pass it up.

So, with that said, what would you recommend for around 500-750?

I was thinking Vox ac15 with the creamback in it, but GC was out of stock of those.

They have some of the "cheap" bad cats for $600

Thanks for any and all suggestions!!

Cgkindler

They aren't a USA made, but Korean (I think)

Not the same thing at all (although they sound just fine to me)

I just think they are an awful lot like the two rock, so I'm not really gaining anything voicing wise (but hey. Can't have too much of a good thing?!)

Cgkindler

Well, after messing with it last night, it's such a GREAT sounding amp. It actually sounds better in 90 watt at low levels than in 45 watt mode. Weird.

I may keep it, the only thing that would make it leave is the weight!! It's seriously the heaviest peice of gear I've ever owned!

Steeltoe

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, it's heavy, but has wheels, or you can dolly it around. Will haul for tone. It's all about leverage when moving it into your vehicle.

JackStraw12

They aren't a USA made, but Korean (I think)

Not the same thing at all (although they sound just fine to me)

I just think they are an awful lot like the two rock, so I'm not really gaining anything voicing wise (but hey. Can't have too much of a good thing?!)
My friend owns one of those I think, a 5 watt. Great player but from between playing a cub and hearing these the only real similarity is the name in my opinion.

I hadn't considered voicing options, in that case the AC15 would be a better choice! :hiP

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
I had to sell my ED because of my sciatica, but yes, it sounded great! I've also owned an AC-15C1 and loved it. They're plentiful. I'd suggest trying to find a used one in good condition and giving it a shot. If you need to move it, it shouldn't be too hard to sell.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom