Just got a pedaltrain Jr classic for Amplifire. I would like to get a power supply to put underneath

tjontheroad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
You'll need a PS that can put out at least 9v (1 amp) for the AF. The GigRig runs 5 amps so that's plenty. You need the distributor or isolator along with the generator.

dbagchee

Silver Supporting Member
What else are you putting on the board? I highly recommend planning out the power needs for all your pedals before deciding on a power supply. That said, the GigRig is a very modular system that will work for most setups.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
I use a VL 4x4 to power my Amplifire, L6 Wireless, H9, MIDI footswitch, and tuner.

BoogieZilla

I will have to get a new PS as well, will have an Amplifire plus a Rocktron Midimate to power. How is the tuner in the Amplifire? I currently have a TC Polytune, which will be the only pedal left on my board if the wah inside the Amplifire is decent. Not sure a 4x4 will do the job for me.

Jhatem81

What else are you putting on the board? I highly recommend planning out the power needs for all your pedals before deciding on a power supply. That said, the GigRig is a very modular system that will work for most setups.
right now..just a peak Midi controller and once in a while a zoom CDR 70 although i am looking at buying the strymon big sky or H9 to replace it.

boogiejem

I use the Voodoo Labs Digital with a current doubling cable for the Amplifire leaving 2 more 400 mA outputs for other pedals. The VL is a linear (non switched mode) PSU which makes it more bulky but I find this is the only way to completely get rid of noise - especially with problem pedals like the EHX B9.

ballhawk

Silver Supporting Member
but I find this is the only way to completely get rid of noise
I use the 1-spot supply (not the wall-wart one, the big one). Forget the exact model name now.

You need the current doubling cable for this too. It's enough for the Af and peak midi.

I'm sure there are other options bit I'd recommend using isolated outputs for noise too.

dbagchee

Silver Supporting Member
I'm using the GodLyke Powerall for both the Amplifire and Line 6 M9 - 2 Amps. They are daisy chained but not having any noise issues.

Trending Topics