• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Just Got a Timmy - Do I need a Tim?

Unadan

Just got my Timmy about a month ago and have it after my OCD in my signal chain. Man the combo of these two pedals cover a lot of ground! I'm really digging the sounds I'm getting from them. Is there a reason for me to get a Tim? Would adding a Tim along with a Timmy/OCD be beneficial or get me somewhere I'm not getting without the Tim?

clc12rock

Gold Supporting Member
I don't think so. Unless you're gonna use the fx loop or something. The boost just adds more gain, not a volume boost, which I don't really care for. And the Tim is awkwardly shaped IMHO and takes up a lot of real estate on your board. I think you'll be able to cover enough bases with an OCD and a Timmy. Maybe get a treble booster or a clean boost and put it after those two dirt pedals. I think that would be much more beneficial than a Tim.

I have a Tim but I wish I had a Timmy. I'm gonna wait for PaulC to release the new model Timmy to order one, unless he is taking orders for it now. Anyone know?

urlkonig

Gold Supporting Member
I have both -- and despite its admittedly ungainly box, generally prefer the Tim. That said, I recently ran out of room on my board and had to mothball the Tim in favor of the Timmy. After a month or so, I've gotten used to the Timmy. The tones are there in both pedals.

Hangfire

I've got a Timmy but ordered the new Timmy and Tim, one for the board the other for grab n go amp!

Mad John

Can someone please explain the differences in the "NEW" models? I had no idea new ones were being made! Thanks.

drolling

Like you, I ordered a Timmy and was so chuffed, I couldn't help but wonder what I was missing

And they do sound different, with Timmy having a slightly rawer, grittier tone, IMO. Of course, my Timmy's only got 4 clipping diodes, as opposed to the 6 they've been shipping with since mid '06 when Paul added them to the circuit to get it a little 'smoother', like TIM

Most players prefer the size & shape of Timmy, but you'll never hear anyone complain about the tone they get from TIM, and you even can take that a lot further by adding an equalizer to the loop, which I believe is its primary purpose.

Unadan

I don't think so. Unless you're gonna use the fx loop or something. The boost just adds more gain, not a volume boost, which I don't really care for. And the Tim is awkwardly shaped IMHO and takes up a lot of real estate on your board. I think you'll be able to cover enough bases with an OCD and a Timmy. Maybe get a treble booster or a clean boost and put it after those two dirt pedals. I think that would be much more beneficial than a Tim.
I am thinking of adding a beano boost to my rig. Maybe that's the way to go. Thanks!

BigMuffPI

I just wish Paul C checked his email from time to time.. Written 3 emails to him since the summer expressing my wish to order a Timmy, but I've never got a response. I know he prefer phonecalls, but my english isn't that great!:eek:

All I want is a Timmy!!!

Paychek

I just wish Paul C checked his email from time to time.. Written 3 emails to him since the summer expressing my wish to order a Timmy, but I've never got a response. I know he prefer phonecalls, but my english isn't that great!:eek:

All I want is a Timmy!!!
You have to call him. He rarely checks his email. Call him in the evening.

butrus

Just got my Timmy about a month ago and have it after my OCD in my signal chain. Man the combo of these two pedals cover a lot of ground! I'm really digging the sounds I'm getting from them. Is there a reason for me to get a Tim? Would adding a Tim along with a Timmy/OCD be beneficial or get me somewhere I'm not getting without the Tim?
I like the Timmy infront of my OCD V4(18v) much better,then the other way around...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom