Just got around to watching T.P.'s Runnin' Down A Dream-Awesome!

Custom Deluxe

As the title states, I just got done watching Tom Petty's Runnin' Down A Dream after picking it up from a Best Buy web sale a few years back.

Man, what a great story. It was really refreshing to see someone have a vision, work hard to accomplish that dream, and then stick to their guns all the way through.

I was always a fan, but now I really appreciate Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Kudos!

hot pepper

Yea, that was a good one. TP mostly did it his way with a good chance of fail. Got to respect that but he backed it up with what he knew would work. I bet company men still tremble when they have to talk to him. That Roger Mcguinn part was great, the a and r man was looking for a way out of the room. Loved it.

Ephi82

It's a very well done documentary of a terrific American band, one of the best ever in rock.

By the way, the "BAND" doesnt get enough credit, especially Benmont Tench and Stan Lynch. (Ron Blair was perfect for what they were doing too!)

Petty is simply one of the great songwriters in rock, ever. Not a bad front man either, able to more than sell his songs with a limited vocal gift.

Love them

Anthony Gring

Gold Supporting Member
Agree. As a big TP& HB 's fan, surprized it took a while for me to find and watch it. Really enjoyed it.

russ

Silver Supporting Member
Great film!
I've seen it a few times, and it still holds my attention.

Trending Topics