1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just got in my PE Univibe...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SteveGaines, Jan 13, 2008.

1. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

Think it might be DEFECTIVE...:eek: I have been TOLD by everyone...Heard one..and I can't get it to sound anything like the "TROWER"...HENDRIX type Univibe ...Any suggestions for settings.....Right know JUST IN FRONT OF MY AMP...It sounds like a CHEESY Chorus...Something IS WRONG...Is there anything I should check?...Thanks...

2. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I believe there is a trim pot inside where the throb comes from. Not sure how safe it is to adjust it.Maybe someone else will chime in.

3. 94prs22

94prs22 Gold Supporting Member

There is a trim pot inside which you can turn to increase the depth of the modulation. With it on, you'll want to turn the trim pot so that the light gets brighter. Does the vibrato work correctly?

4. Curly

Curly Member

also, this might sound too obvious, but check your power source

5. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

is SUPPOSED to be the right one....:( But SOMETHING is WRONG...HEARD too many of these....and they SOUND KILLER...This thing is CHEESY beyond words...Sounds like A WEAK chorus no matter how I set it.... I contacted the dealer they aren't open today...I will GET IT CLEARED UP TOMORROW...Thanks guys...

6. 88mm

88mm Member

I notice when I put fuzz or distortion in front of the vibe it sounds more phasey or chorusy. I prefer a cooking amp or dirt after a vibe. Try that if you have not already

7. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

in front of a PRACTICE amp....Sounded like crap...ran it STRAIGHT in front of my Marshall...Still...NO "BRIDGE OF SIGHS"....and I could get pretty close with that with a chorus pedal ....This thing isn't even getting close...We shall find out tomorrow...

8. gururyan

gururyan Member

Interested in the outcome of this.
    :munch

9. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

I will post it on here...Read too many good things..and have a buddy who has one...Man, you can "Machine Gun" all night with that thing....He is OUT OF TOWN and I couldn't get in touch with him...Something ISN"T jiving...I will find out tomorrow...