• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Just got my custom MJM Fuzz!

radcliff

I think I am really set now on fuzz pedals:)

This thing sounds so fuzzy and big!

It's perfect with my strat loaded with Suhrs. I think my Lovepedal Red Ezekial might be better with humbuckers, but both fuzzes are it for me. With these two fuzzes and my Fuzz Factory for the wacky stuff, the fuzz search is over!

I've been through a bunch, here are the departed:
Lovepedal 200lbs
Lovepedal 200lbs handwired
Lovepedal BBB 07
Fulltone '69
Retroman Sybil
Red Witch Fuzz God 2
Analogman Sunface
DAM Meathead

jb1911

A picture would be nice, and BTW, your search is not over until you've tried a Skreddy Lunar Module.

FF71

How would you compare it with the AM Sunface? I heard the Sunface is harsh sounding compared to the London Fuzz. I do have an Arbiter England RI that has been modified by AM.

zenfreud

It's a germanium fuzz with the extra volume and less bass mods:)
Had you already played an MJM fuzz before you got yours? I'm curious as to how you arrived at your particular configuration. I've got a London II silicon fuzz and it's a neat pedal.

radcliff

I just emailed MJM, and we talked about what I had and had not liked about previous fuzzes I've owned. I had never played an MJM, but I had a hunch he made a nice one.

He suggested going for extra volume because I was tired of getting lost in the mix and sounding wooly, like what happened with the Fulltone '69 and the 200lbs fuzzes. He also suggested the less bass mod because I liked the Sunface, but it had way too much bass for my taste and got farty.

This MJM is a great balance - a germanium fuzz that isn't too woofy, but with alot of gain and volume on tap, if needed. The bias knob is not as effective as it is on the NKT Sunface, however.

I should give the Sunface another shot, when I had it I was using a 6L6 Fuchs, and now I have much more fuzz friendly amps - a Clubman and a Mazerati.

The Meathead was never my thing - it sounded like wall of gain craziness.

The MJM clips are incredible on his site. With some delay and some good volume, those tones are definitely attainable.

NewarkWilder

i know its sort of apples and oranges here since i'm talking about the silicon bc-108 sunface but as much as I like its tone it gets totally lost in the mix for me. got a pink flesh on the way and a mjm in the near future... hopefully then my fuzz quest will be complete.

FF71

I just emailed MJM, and we talked about what I had and had not liked about previous fuzzes I've owned. I had never played an MJM, but I had a hunch he made a nice one.

He suggested going for extra volume because I was tired of getting lost in the mix and sounding wooly, like what happened with the Fulltone '69 and the 200lbs fuzzes. He also suggested the less bass mod because I liked the Sunface, but it had way too much bass for my taste and got farty.

This MJM is a great balance - a germanium fuzz that isn't too woofy, but with alot of gain and volume on tap, if needed. The bias knob is not as effective as it is on the NKT Sunface, however.

I should give the Sunface another shot, when I had it I was using a 6L6 Fuchs, and now I have much more fuzz friendly amps - a Clubman and a Mazerati.

The Meathead was never my thing - it sounded like wall of gain craziness.

The MJM clips are incredible on his site. With some delay and some good volume, those tones are definitely attainable.
Cool.

Trending Topics