Just Got MY Egnater Mod 50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by guitarvc, Oct 29, 2007.

1. m4tt

m4tt Member

what's the wait time to order one directly from bruce??

2. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

12-16 weeks

3. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

I run my MOD 50 with an SL & a custom EG3/3 module. Love this amp. I highly recomend Tung Sol 5881 power tubes. I run mine with G12-65 (old ones). I like it plenty. I also have some Eminence GB12 Green Back copies that work very well with it. Welcome to the club. You've probably bought your last amp.

4. m4tt

m4tt Member

what's his method of contact? ...is there a website?

5. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

6. m4tt

m4tt Member

7. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

It's best just to call the Amp Lounge. They are very helpful and can take your order directly.

8. hilly1212

hilly1212 Member

thanks for all the help guys! Ya we suggest if you have had any contact or have spoken to any of our dealers that you please use them. If its your first time by all means call us directly. Just to be up front, there is no price difference and no build time difference.

We finally have things in place with me now on board full time as Business/Project manager to have products be on hand and delivered in a more timely fashion. This means we have stuff and our dealers will have stock.

Jeff

9. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Please elaborate on the 3/3 module. I have a mod 50 inbound by next week. I ordered the T/D and 3/4 modules.

10. hilly1212

hilly1212 Member

We modified Tommy's EG3/4 back to the old MICA TOL channel 3. I still have 4 of the old single channel EG3's!

11. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

I hope so ,the Elmwood is one sexy bitch. :eek: I Been whorin lately, lol.

12. Orren

Orren Member

Agreed! I sure love mine! :BEER

Orren

13. Orren

Orren Member

Interestingly, I have a custom Egnater 1x12 with a Heritage G12H in it. And it sounds amazing!

Orren

14. Buckeyedog

Buckeyedog Member

I've run it through the Warehouse V30 clone/scumback H75 mix and it kills. Run it through Weber 1225's in a 412 and it kills. I'm not sure I can get this amp to sound bad..........

15. jmgman70

jmgman70 Member

:BEER
    The MOD50 just does it!

16. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

Thank you. Looking forward to getting it. Every day I like the amp more and more. I believe I have ended my quest for the ultimate gigging amp. When I want it to sound different, I just buy another module. The tones are just pure!!! Bruce has invented the amp that takes the best from vintage tube technology and modern technology. This is what amp modeling should sound like. I actually like this better than the Bogners and Soldano's I used to have, both tonally and much better from a functionality standpoint.

All I need now to set up is my Pedalboard From Hell. Already have the MKS board, MXR Phase 90, Boss TU-2 tuner, and the Ernie Ball Volume Pedal. Now I'll get the DLS Rotosim and EchoTap, Vox Wah with a couple of mods that I'll do to make it last ( I've broken 3 in 1 year, but love the way they sound ) and the Fulltone Choralflange. With those I can pretty much get any sound I want without sacrificing tone. Got a gig tomorrow night and I know I'll burn the place down!!!

17. grism

grism Member

And now that we know you have a pending gig, we expect a full gig report :D

18. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

I gotta tell you all this amp is even better in a live gig situation. First, because I knew that I had every tone that I needed with a tap on the footswitch, my confidence was at an all time high. I didn't have to worry whether or not my solo's would cut because I set the amp to be significantly louder on channesl 2 and 4. Channel 1 was set for a loud and glassy clean setting, 2 set for a louder mild breakup, channel 3 for a crunch rhythm that was equal in volume to channel 1, and channel 4 was set for searing lead tones with endless sustain, and equal in volume to channel 2. Thus, channels 1 and 3 were rhythm channels, 2 and 4 were for soloing. I just set it and forgot it...and just played my parts and was in the zone. I did have to turn down channels 2 and 4 a bit cause my solos were a little too loud for the first 2 songs. But once I dialed it in, I was good to go.

I got quite a few compliments on my playing which = compliments on my tone. The band told me that this was the best I have sounded since they have been playing with me ( 2 months ). It was a smashing success, and I just expect it to keep getting better. The fact that I could just set the amp and forget twiddling with knobs to adjust my sound for different songs, allowed me to concentrate solely on playing music. I was able to give each song my undivided attention. It was sweeeeet!

Best amp I have ever had for gigging...and I've had the Soldano SLO 100, Bogner XTC and Shiva, Marshal1 JCM 800 modded by Torres Engineering, Orange Tiny Terror, Ceriatone Expression, Egnater DIY 50 watter ( another killer amp, but not as versatile...tonally almost as good ) 72 Hiwatt 50 watt, Soldano Reverb-O-Sonic, Mesa Rectoverb, Mesa Mark 4.

The Egnater is more versatile and functional for live performances than any of them, and is equal or better in tone than any of them. It is truly the best amp I have ever had. I'll never sell it...I have been forced to sell many of my others due to financial hardships that were unexpected...I'll push a shopping cart before I sell this one...so ****! Same goes for my Kurt Wilson Standard which I used the whole night, using the coil tap for songs that needed a more single coil sound and totally got away with it. That guitar is amazing...also the best I have ever had...I've had some great ones as well, but my fingers are tired now so I won't type all of them out. Good night

19. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Glad to hear the good news, guitarvc! :BEER

20. LavaMan

LavaMan Member

Good report. I have just ordered one. What Speakers are you using? Edit: just read all posts...