just got my LOLLARS and put em in ma strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by joolzriff, Feb 21, 2008.

1. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

OMG...yeah all the hype is true,doubt if i'll buy anything else these pickups are the real deal...i got a special for the bridge and blackface neck and middle,wired it up w/ a blender set up from ACME(thanx boogieonguitar) i'm just set.........i cant elaborate enough how good and articulate these are...they make my duncans and dimarzios and fenders feel asleep w/ a blanket over them.........impressed

2. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    Joolz

I know how you feel it's like a shroud has been lifted and a veil removed.
    I'm discovering new worlds!

Which Strat did you mod and what amp are you running through?

I can't stop smiling ear to ear it's so sweet

EnJoY ThE MuSiC
    Groovey Records

3. brentrocks

brentrocks Guitar Hack/Player Gold Supporting Member

that is good to hear man...i'm thinking about getting a Heritage 137 w/ Lollars...i think it will sound fantastic...glad you like them!!!

4. skeeterbuck

skeeterbuck Member

I never met a Lollar pickup that I didn't like. When I'm looking for a replacement pu, I go and check out Jason's site first.

His service is also first rate. :AOK

Congrats and enjoy.

5. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Love my Lollar Tele pickups. I really wish that he would make a "p90" in a humbucker casing. Fralin, Seymour Duncan, Stephens Design, Harmonic Design, and GFS are obviously doing pretty well with that niche. I think Jason would come up with something stellar.

6. Matt F

Matt F Member

7. _jmp

_jmp Member

i've been very pleased with my jazz bass set from jason...so much so that i considered buying lollars for a tele parts build, but my situation is such right now that i really need 'noiseless' variety

later on, i'll likely either have a 'nocaster' clone built up or swap some lollars in this one

i'm also pondering some imperials for my les paul...i'm impressed with his product:BluesBros

8. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Nothing but praise for my Lollar Blackfaces.

9. mainsale

mainsale Member

I share your excitement! I have a set of "Dirty Blondes" with Acme blender pot assembly waiting to go into my first Parts-o-caster build. The body is being painted by a local artist and I can't wait to put it together and try it out.

10. Mikey Likes It

Mikey Likes It Silver Supporting Member

I have the same set (BF/BF/Special) in my American Standard - those and a callaham block really transformed the guitar (there had been a set of Fralin Vintage Hots in there for the preceeding 15 years). Big improvement - a very beautifully balanced set of pickups.

11. Sub City

Sub City Member

I have Lollars in 2 Custom Shop Strats. The Blackface pickups are my favorites. And the Lollar P90's in a Collings 290; they're real nice! I don't think Jason makes a bad pickup.

12. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

i just bought a used torino red clapton strat and it looked way too starsky and hutch for me(red n white) so i put a gold anodized pickguard on it w/ black lollars.....i currently have a wizard amp but the band i'm using the strat w/ want me to use their fender blues deluxe amp(godawful)..and thats so hard getting a good sound out of that thing..loads of overdrive and NO susutain.....these lollars are a bit microphonic so i may send them back to get potted some more as jason once said he could do that...i play w/ drive alot

13. TD_Madden

TD_Madden Gold Supporting Member

Wow, lots of love for the Lollars!

Unfortunately I may have gotten a lemon-set of P90s...way too much hum (compared to the Seymour Duncans) and too "hi-fi" for me. Specs look right, but again, different strokes I guess.

14. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    After the repoting if your still not happy I would take a look at Peter Florance's stuff. I wasn't going to plug his work cause you sounded satisfied but if you aren't you owe it too youself to give VooDoo a look see.

I think he has 6 stock strat flavors and any number of variations there of custom.

I hope re potting does it for you.

Regards
    Groovey Records
    Listening to Husker Du-Zen Arcade

15. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

The Lollar 52 T's made my Affinity BSB Tele, sound like a "REAL" 52RI!

16. Mikey Likes It

Mikey Likes It Silver Supporting Member

My experience with Jason's P-90s, also - the "Hi-fi" can be a very good thing in the right guitar, but I was lookinmg for a more authentic P-90 tone and found it in spades with a Curt Novak set. Just about every P90 I've tried has been pretty noisy, with the exception of the Harmonic Design.

17. cugel

cugel Member

waiting to assemble my strat loaded with blondes. its my first decent strat i have ever had so i am excited/nervous

18. strangec

strangec Supporting Member

Lollar Blondes are fantastic. Alnico II magnets are the ticket in Strats I think.

19. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

got a lollar vintage in the neck and an early GVCG/lollar in the bridge of my parts tele and its holds its own with my humbucker guitars in terms of fatness.

20. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Member

Woohoo, that lasted almost 24 hours :D

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=356887

The Lollars are killer pups, try his buckers in your rig of choice.